Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't get to base get station from PC

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Bluedevil
Tutor
Tutor

I can get to my Base station from my iphone app but not the PC Browser app. When I try to access from PC, says that Base station is not connected to the internet, but can access the Base station and Camera just fine from Iphone app. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

10 REPLIES 10
denlydon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I can access from my Android but not on my computer. it's really frustrating because i cannot adjust the cameras from the app. 

Bluedevil
Tutor
Tutor

I think it's a firewall problem on the PC.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be the firewall... but have you also tried a different browser?  IE gave me trouble, moved to FireFox and Chrome

Try to eliminate the simple things first.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bluedevil
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using Chrome but also tried IE - same problem.

DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Community members,

Let's try this, log in to your Arlo account, via the mobile app and tap deactivate.

You will then need to re-add the Serial Number under Subscription | Add a Base Station.

You can use either the PC or the mobile app to re-activate your Base Station.

I would like to understand the steps taken before getting this message from your PC.

What, if any, issues were you all experiencing before this error occurred?

I look forward to the feedback!

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice

i had this problem last night but it seemed to go away. I can login from the app but not the URL. The URL said my computer was not connected to the internet in which it was. 

Bluedevil
Tutor
Tutor

I deactivated the base station from my iphone. Then I logged into my account on my PC and tried to re-add the base station as instructed. The base station was not recognized as on the LAN and therefore I couldn't re-add it this way. I was successful in re-adding the base station from the iphone app. I'm suspicous that it's a firewall issue because I was able to access the base station when I temporarily turned off my firewall. 

Bluedevil
Tutor
Tutor

I have now confirmed that it is my antivirus software that is causing the problem. I was able to access my basestation by using another PC that is not running that specific antivirus software package. Also was successful on the original PC when I temporarily disabled protection from that software package. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since this question pops up occasionally, perhaps identifying the A/V software and the new rule to allow Arlo to work would be of use for others.

jgravert
Guide
Guide

I just found something that Works on one of my PC's.

Others should try this and see if it works for them.

NOTE: Internet Explorer and Chrome Still DO NOT WORK!

I was able to get this working in FireFox.

Follow these steps and report back here if it works for you as well. You will need to try this with FIREFOX Web Browser. Latest Version.

Step 1) Go Here and Follow the Steps...  https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Step 2) Go Here and Follow the Steps....  https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Step 3)  In FireFox go to  the Menu that looks like a stack of 3 hamburgers at the top right. Then click  "OPTIONS" then click "SECURITY"    Once on the Security Page click the "Exceptions" button. Add the following websites to the list. 

arlo.netgear.com

netgear.com

You will need to do them one at a time. Click the "Allow" button after typing each one. It will populate in the list below. Then Click "Save Changes".

Step 4) Close FireFox. Make sure it has closed then re-open it. I don't believe I cleared Browsing History but if I did you may have to do this also.

Now visit arlo.netgear.com and put in your username and password and see if it works for you.

Good Luck! and please post your results.

NOTE: Also make sure you add the arlo.netgear.com site to the whitelist of your Firewall/Antivirus/Antimalware software.