Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding TWO bases stations in same device Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Baskar
Follower
Follower

it's really hard to get support or questions from Arlo Customer service. I am trying to setup a second base starion so I can manage exterior and interior camera separately. I want to manage both stations and recordings from same device using Arlo app. Is that possible? 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Baskar wrote:

I want to manage both stations and recordings from same device using Arlo app. Is that possible? 

Yes.

Dannybear
Master
Master
This should be transparent for the app. I had a similar setup with the pro2 system. The only issue I had is that when you want to set the mode of operation you had to do it on both base stations unless it is armed or disabled mode.
In the end I just ported the camera’s back to one base and used the second unit as a Siren extension.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
This should be transparent for the app. I had a similar setup with the pro2 system. The only issue I had is that when you want to set the mode of operation you had to do it on both base stations unless it is armed or disabled mode.

I think if you want the two sets of cameras to be completely independent, then the second base would let you accomplish that pretty simply.  But of course if you need to change the mode on both bases at the same time, then it is just extra work.

But you might be able to set up enough custom modes to do what you need with a single base.  If you can give us a better sense on what you are aiming achieve, we probably can offer better advice.