Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Iphone 8 Problem Trusting Device

Discussion stats
StaySafe
Guide
Guide

My Iphone8 worked for over a year. I had a problem connecting so uninstalled app and reinstalled.  Now with 2-step verification everything looks like it will work, but at the end it says "Problem Verifying this Device".  Same phone that worked before, now it doesn't (brothers android is working).  I Deleted/Reinstalled App, same problem.  Went into settings on laptop, removed phone from list, still not verifying.  All Notifications are turned on for the App.  Please help, I use these cameras to keep an eye on elderly mother and now I can't from my phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Please authenticate and attempt to trust your new iOS devices again and let us know if you still experience any issues.

Thanks,

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this topic. The development team is currently reviewing these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

• Arlo253
    Tutor
    Tutor

I just fixed click don’t trust and then it’ll ask you if you did clicked don’t trust by accident and it will ask you login again click that then it will work

30 REPLIES 30
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you able to log into the phone with email verification?

If you can, then have you tried trusting the phone after that?

StaySafe
Guide
Guide
I tried adding another email address in settings set up for the iPhone. I cannot add the email address that the Arlo account is tied to because that is my wife’s email address for her iPhone. Or are you suggesting something else, I may not be understanding. Thanks!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@StaySafe wrote:
 Or are you suggesting something else, I may not be understanding. Thanks!

If you can't log into the iPhone because of the two-factor authentication not getting through, then you can select email as a verification method in the app.  That will send you an email with a code that you enter into the app.

StaySafe
Guide
Guide

Thanks, I did all of the following:  (1) Changed verification to email, got code in email, select TRUST DEVICE, get same red banner:  There was a problem trusting this device.  Try again.   Next (2), I added another user with the email for my Apple ID, tried verification with text and email, same red banner message, cannot trust device.   Can someone from Arlo please help, they do not respond in Chat?  My phone worked before I reinstalled the app.  Is there an Iphone setting that may be blocking it?

StaySafe
Guide
Guide

Update:  I was able to log in on wife's Iphone 8.  I think this is the PROBLEM, I set up the the ARLO on my Iphone, then deleted app and reinstalled (deleted and reinstalled several times and restarted phone).  I think there is a problem with the phone you set the account up on.   PLEASE HELP, what do I need to clear/delete on this phone to allow Arlo to verify the phone???????   I need to see my elderly mother on my phone.   

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StaySafe,

If you've removed your original mobile device the trusted list, you should be able to attempt to log in again using that device and trust it again. Could you provide a screenshot of the error message you're receiving?

JamesC

StaySafe
Guide
Guide

ARLO SCREENSHOT.jpg

StaySafe
Guide
Guide

Thanks, I posted a screenshot above.  Everything goes fine, then hit Trust, and I get the red banner at the top.  I feel like I saw a different post about the same problem, you can no longer trust the original phone you set up the account on if you remove/install the app.  But I cannot find the solution.  Every other laptop/phone I try works, but not this one that did work at one time.  Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StaySafe,

I've sent you a private message to collect more information on this  issue.

JamesC

nbrucegqrdner
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem.  Out of the blue my Iphone 7 stopped receiving "trust this device" for my computer logging in.  I deleted my phone as a trusted device and then tried to trust it again.  No luck.  I have deleted the app twice and it still will not trust my phone. 

Dmegill18
Initiate
Initiate
What is the solution for this? Wife’s iPhone XS Max cannot pass the trust verification.

Tried deleting app and reinstalling, restarted the phone, did the email verification, all resulted in the same red banner.

What’s the solution ARLO?
Surferprime
Initiate
Initiate

I'm also getting the same problem with not being able to trust my device (Iphone 11 IOS 15.5), any solution available?

Arlo253
Tutor
Tutor
Did they fix it or is it still a bug I have a iPhone 8 and have the same problem
Arlo253
Tutor
Tutor
I just fixed click don’t trust and then it’ll ask you if you did clicked don’t trust by accident and it will ask you login again click that then it will work
StaySafe
Guide
Guide

I did an update to the IOS, currently 15.5, and then when it said TRUST DEVICE, I said NO, and viola, it worked.  Odd that it works when I say don't trust it, but that did the trick.  Can see it live and the history.  

Dmegill18
Initiate
Initiate
That isn’t fixing the issue though. Next time you log out and log back in, it’ll do the same trust? No? Too bad! BS.

At least that what’s happening to us.

ARLO? Still no answer?!?
Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is STILL an issue for a lot of people, when will Arlo ever get their updates in order before pushing them out, most recently it was loss of access to the MIC on the mobile app, now it's being denied login when using your mobile as the authentication method.

Several times now I have deleted and added my mobile as the recipient of the verification code and EVERY time I try and login it denies my request and I have to choose the alternate method of my email for the code.

Getting really sick of having over £1000 worth of camera system basically fail me each and every day in some way.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic. The development team is currently reviewing these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

dsr1
Initiate
Initiate

New I phone download all but arlo. Arlo being stupid will not trust new phone

Dissatisfaction
Initiate
Initiate

After using Arlo for 5 plus years and after getting new phone I found no way to through Arlo crappy lack of support to remove old iPhone and hook to new phone.
Tried resets, change password, new account.  I tried the online FAKE computer support that just takes you in circles.   No way to contact a live human at Arlo.  Then I found lots of other surveys getting Arlo a 1 out 5 for customer support.

I went to Best Buy and Costco. Employees at both stores said they never recommended Arlo because of lack of customer service.   Best Buy employee said set away and never purchase their products  

Maizerage86
Initiate
Initiate
Like others. Purchased new phone. Trusted device will not work. Sending to email. Push notifications. Doesn’t work. I still have my old phone and afraid to delete and wipe it before fully committing to this one. Will be calling Arlo support line whenever the lines open. The voicemail does not give any timeframe when it does. If I cannot transfer a new device I will be sending back for a full refund or getting a new one.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo is investigating the issue.  In the meantime, just select the "don't trust" option.

tammiek1021
Initiate
Initiate

Received a new phone and arlo will not trust my new device even using the two step method

BradMal
Initiate
Initiate

I have 4 Arlo cameras and just got a new iphone 13. I previously had an iphone 10. When I try to connect my new phone it keeps telling me that isn't a trusted device even though it keeps verifying it from email and with a passcode. Has anyone has this issue and how did you resolve it? I also tried to create a new person in my account but the same thing happens when I go through the process. It will not trust my new phone. Help!!