Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
friesian49
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I bought the regular Arlo 4 camera kit in 2018.  I want to get at least two new cameras that have (or have a better) night vision, sound, and zooming. 

Base station is VMB3010

Cameras are listed as VMS3430

I don't see a good compatibility list for what upgrade I can do with the existing package.  I'd like the integrated spotlight, as the one camera outside is useless at night - unable to see anything even with motion light on.  Can I upgrade to the Arlo Ultra or just the Ultra Pro 2 with the base station I currently own?

If I decide to get an Arlo Ultra can I use my current Arlo cameras on it? 

Appreciate any feedback or pointing to the right location on the website. 

Kelly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@friesian49 wrote:

Can I upgrade to the Arlo Ultra or just the Ultra Pro 2 with the base station I currently own?

You can add a Pro 2 to your base station, but not an Ultra (or a Pro 3).  You can of course upgrade the base station, and the new ones will support your cameras.

@friesian49 wrote:

I'd like the integrated spotlight,

The Pro-3 and the Ultra are the two cameras with integrated spotlights.  The light is 100 lumen - bright enough for me, but there are limits to how far it can reach. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@friesian49 wrote:

Can I upgrade to the Arlo Ultra or just the Ultra Pro 2 with the base station I currently own?

You can add a Pro 2 to your base station, but not an Ultra (or a Pro 3).  You can of course upgrade the base station, and the new ones will support your cameras.

@friesian49 wrote:

I'd like the integrated spotlight,

The Pro-3 and the Ultra are the two cameras with integrated spotlights.  The light is 100 lumen - bright enough for me, but there are limits to how far it can reach. 

friesian49
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, that helps! 

After reading reviews earlier, I went with an Arlo Pro 2, see how much of an in improvement that is before I jump up hundreds of dollars.

Kelly