Adding 2nd Base Station issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Code3pro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have cameras mounted towards the front of the house, and since the router is towards the back of the house, the signal strength up front was unimpressive. I installed a Netgear WiFi extender towards the front of the house and did a speed test. 20 megabits per sec minimum, so no wifi speed issue. I plugged in a second base station into the ethernet port on the extender, fired up the base station, added it to my account via the app, and synched one of the front cameras to it.

The problem I am having is that, even though the camera shows full bars when activated, it constantly goes off line and the screen on the app shows the message that camera is off line. It eventually connects sporadically, and there seems to be a lag with that camera. This ONLY happens with the camera hooked up to the second base station. The other cameras synched to the first base station have no issues. Since I have plenty of speed, and have removed and added the camera in question several times with no change in performance, can anyone recommend any other actions, or has anyone experienced a similar issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Code3pro
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. I ended up swapping out the extender, as well as removing and readding base station, plus pulling battery door on the camera and resetting. It ended up clearing up the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose it could be an issue with the extender itself.  I'd try a long Ethernet cable from the router to the second base temporarily to see if that makes a difference.  Just don't trip over it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Another easy thing to try is swap one of your other cameras with the troubled one and see if the problem follows the camera or not.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Code3pro
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. I ended up swapping out the extender, as well as removing and readding base station, plus pulling battery door on the camera and resetting. It ended up clearing up the issue.