Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
ArcticMonkey
Follower
Follower

This is the message I am getting after syncing a new camera, upping the total in my house to 2. 

We see you've synced a new camera.

Your service plan supports 5 cameras.

UPGRADE PLAN >

and start viewing your new camera right away.

I have reset, unplugged, and resynced and still get the same message. Any ideas?

23 REPLIES 23
mellas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting the same problem, having added a camera to a system that had 3 cameras previously (4 total now). Anyone know what's going on?

Cnorman
Guide
Guide
Same problem here!
davidcox
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.  Arlo is a total bag of hurt.

jmtucker27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here. I deactivated the base station,thinking I could reactivate it and ev anerything would work they way it should. I only have 4 cameras. In settings, it shows 5 cameras and no base station supported. There is no way to reactivate the base station. I have done a factory reset to no avail. The base station is online and communicating with Arlonetgear servers because the green lights are lit and solid green on the BS. When I log in, I get a message describing how to sync cameras. No access to camera settings, or mode. Would sure love for this to get resolve since I have no security system at the moment.

getmuchfiner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem... getting frustrated... we had 4 added a 5th and can't get it to work it wants us to upgrade!

nyemay313
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue, added a 3rd camera and it was sync to the base station but my camera screen is blocked with the same message, I do not need to upgrade only have 3 cameras on a five camera system.

ArcticMonkey wrote:

This is the message I am getting after syncing a new camera, upping the total in my house to 2. 

We see you've synced a new camera.

Your service plan supports 5 cameras.

UPGRADE PLAN >

and start viewing your new camera right away.

I have reset, unplugged, and resynced and still get the same message. Any ideas?

fdewy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue. On the phone waiting for support. Will post here with what they tell me.
nyemay313
Tutor
Tutor

I have been on the phone on hold for over 35 minutes, if I hear anything I will let everyone know. Also read on another thread that their engineers are aware of the issue.

fdewy wrote:
Having the same issue. On the phone waiting for support. Will post here with what they tell me.

nyemay313
Tutor
Tutor

Just got off the phone with support team, they are having software issue and the engineering resolution team is looking into the issue.

davidcox
Aspirant
Aspirant

Judging from the other posts on this community site, I think we all probably should get used to this sort of thing.  Looks like they took a team that was used to building web-UI's for off-brand routers and let them try their hand at a mobile app and associated backend infrastructure.  If they don't have systems in place to avoid pushing bugs like this into production, I also wouldn't expect much in the way of security, so watch where you point 'em.

jmtucker27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now, I have even more problems. i followed the instructions to re-install the system. I now have three base staions showing, and none of them will connect to the interne. I only have four cameras and one base station. I hope this issue is resolved soon. Up until now, the system has worked very well. But since last night and today, I am without a security system.

Cnorman
Guide
Guide

support says it is an engineering issue they are working on mine is doing same thing  could not give me a time frame as to when it would be repaired

Cnorman
Guide
Guide

Support says engineering issue working on repairing mine doing same thing 

bfrazar
Aspirant
Aspirant

i also just added/synced a new camera and the web app shows the same as in the original post in this thread. On the "Cameras" tab in the Android phone app, neither my original camera nor the new one is listed, only the line "See another camera here" and the link to purchase new cameras. If I go to the "Mode" tab, it shows the base station ID and "Getting status..." but never does anything else.

DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired
Hi All…  Our Engineering team is in the process of deploying a fix for this issue.  We expect the problem to be resolved within the next 12 hours and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.  We will provide an update to this forum thread once resolved and again apologize for the inconvenience.

NETGEAR Support Team
AlexNav
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue... So frustrating. My all cameras are offline now. Please post if you have a solution
jmtucker27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Received an email a couple of hours ago. Engineers anticipate having the software issue resolved within the next 12 hours. Hope this helps.

DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired
Issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you continue to have any problems.
billstokes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Netgear seems to care less about fixing these problems. I recommend everyone to take them back and get a refund. If the store refuse then the next recourse is small claims. This system shouldn't have been place on the market with all these flaws.
billstokes
Aspirant
Aspirant
All cameras are still offline.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Arlo Community,

I am reaching out to you today to inquire if the issue with syncing a new camera has been resolved. We believe the issue has been fixed but would greatly appreciate feedback from the community to confirm our findings are correct.

@billstokes - I recommend contacting support to determine why your cameras are still showing offline. if you haven't done so already you may try rebooting the base station and/or try to re-sync your cameras. We would greatly appreciate your feedback as well in the event other community members are facing the same issue.

Best Wishes! 

Christine 

NETGEAR Community

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
jmtucker27
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset my base station and reinstalled the system using a different email address and re-synced the cameras. Everything is working fine, now with my system.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening jmtucker27,

I am glad to hear your system is now working as expected and providing your valuable feedback! 

Kind Regards,

Christine 

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.