Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Roblem
Tutor
Tutor

I am trying to add a 2nd camera to my account, I have one working already, when I click add device then select the arlo wire free, on mobile ios app I get "AccessDenied" followed by a hash string, and on desktop the screen beneath the nav goes blank and in the web console there are error messages related to cross origin issues when attempting to connect to amazon aws, so I am unable to add the device. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this issue and is working on a fix that will be available soon.

To add a camera, clicking the "Add Device" prompt when logging in to your Arlo account is not necessary. Simply press and release the sync button on the base station and then press and release the sync button on the camera and this should allow the camera to sync.

JamesC

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

there were issues the other day re new addition but, TMK, it was fixed...

In your case I would try te easiest thing, power button reboot the base, give it time to come back online.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Roblem
Tutor
Tutor

Hi There, thanks for answering, just rebooted and waited 10 mins and still getting same problem, looks like a bug in the web app or part of the system being down to me

nick8472
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here adding Arlo wire free

jerixe
Initiate
Initiate

yup - same issue right now!

Synch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same same 😞
Mart09
Initiate
Initiate

I removed a camera as I was having problems getting it to work, I think it was actually a low battery so replaced them. Now trying to add the camera back in but getting access denied, I have rebooted the Base station but no change, frustrating or what.

Inspectgadget
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. Does Arlo monitor this board?  Are you working on it?  Hello?

LindseySmithAK
Tutor
Tutor

I am getting the same issue when trying to add a new camera.

I have noticed that Netgear never takes responsibility for these issues and the consumer has to constantly reboot or reset their devices. 

If the engineers are making changes they need to test another way than mess up homeowners security systems. I have had my system over 3 years and this in ongoing. I had a camera low on batteries when an update was pushed and I have never been able to connect that camera again. 

Photodork1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Error adding a camera.
Throckmorton
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem with my Arlo Pro. Access denied on web page and iPhone app.

IAmJeff
Initiate
Initiate
I just reached out to support. Unplug the base station and wait no less than one minute. Plug back in and wait until base has fully powered on and connected to cameras and internet. Then simply press the sync button on the base station to begin sync mode and press sync button on camera. After lights on camera go off, reopen Arlo app and camera should be there. It worked for me at least. I also provided support with a link to this thread.
Roblem
Tutor
Tutor

Yes this hack worked for me thanks for sharing, bit mickey mouse though I would expect a brand like netgear to be much better quality, they've made everything look good - need to focus on making it work properly now

jerixe
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for sharing. I'm back online too now.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this issue and is working on a fix that will be available soon.

To add a camera, clicking the "Add Device" prompt when logging in to your Arlo account is not necessary. Simply press and release the sync button on the base station and then press and release the sync button on the camera and this should allow the camera to sync.

JamesC

BAHappycamper
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just left a message myself having the same problem ! I have 5 cameras ! I got 4 cameras activated but on the 5th I got a message saying " access denied " ! I had these same 5 activated for the last 4 months up until today ! I just deactivated them just to try another modem I had ! When I switched back to the original one is when I had the problem ! I did all the unplugging , resetting , turning off etc... ! Nothing has done any good ! I have 4 activated but can't get the 5th one going ! Maybe a glitch ??
DrOctave
Aspirant
Aspirant

DrOctave
Aspirant
Aspirant
Worked for me
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved.

JamesC