Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Accidentally deleted Arlo app from my Android Kitkat phone, new version not compatible

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
BlkLbl71
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the basic Arlo system (about 2-3 years old now).

I have an Android Kitkat (4.4.2) phone. I accidentally deleted the app (version 2.5). When I went to the Google Play Store to redownload the app, I am not allowed to download the app because the new 2.6 version is not compatible. I will not be buying a new phone anytime soon, and I cannot find a way to download the older version of the app.

I have search the forums, but am not finding anything that helps me. I apologize if I'm just missing it, but I have scoured the Arlo website and forums as best I can and am not finding a way or place to do this. I think there needs to be an app download archive, if there isn't one already that I'm just completely missing.

I appreciate any assistance!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems like the newer FWs are moving to higher OS levels... in both android and iOS.

Same happened to me on an older ipad ( new version supports > 10x and the ipad only runs 9x )

See if the android app stil exists on you phone in the d/l files ...if it does you can prob install it again

or maybe if backup exits on cloud

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BlkLbl71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, TomMac! Unfortunately, no luck there...BUT....

In my frantic searching for some way to download the app, I discovered that the May 2018 2.5.1_21471 version is still available on Amazon Appstore. I was able to download and install with no problem, and it seems to work fine for now. Don't know if I can update it to the final 2.5.3 version, but at least I'm functional for now.

I would still very much appreciate it if I could somehow get the 2.5.3 August 2018 version/update.