Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
BlkLbl71
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the basic Arlo system (about 2-3 years old now).

I have an Android Kitkat (4.4.2) phone. I accidentally deleted the app (version 2.5). When I went to the Google Play Store to redownload the app, I am not allowed to download the app because the new 2.6 version is not compatible. I will not be buying a new phone anytime soon, and I cannot find a way to download the older version of the app.

I have search the forums, but am not finding anything that helps me. I apologize if I'm just missing it, but I have scoured the Arlo website and forums as best I can and am not finding a way or place to do this. I think there needs to be an app download archive, if there isn't one already that I'm just completely missing.

I appreciate any assistance!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems like the newer FWs are moving to higher OS levels... in both android and iOS.

Same happened to me on an older ipad ( new version supports > 10x and the ipad only runs 9x )

See if the android app stil exists on you phone in the d/l files ...if it does you can prob install it again

or maybe if backup exits on cloud

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BlkLbl71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, TomMac! Unfortunately, no luck there...BUT....

In my frantic searching for some way to download the app, I discovered that the May 2018 2.5.1_21471 version is still available on Amazon Appstore. I was able to download and install with no problem, and it seems to work fine for now. Don't know if I can update it to the final 2.5.3 version, but at least I'm functional for now.

I would still very much appreciate it if I could somehow get the 2.5.3 August 2018 version/update.