Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
iSage
Luminary
Luminary

12-28-15:

Just got the mandatory update for ARLO app within past hour. I had just checked the status of my 3 cameras literally 5 minutes before, and all was fine.  But after updating app (on my iPhone, my iPad, my husband's iPhone), one of my three cameras is now stating it's "Offline".  Checked this and got same repsonse on our three devices with the updated app, as well as on my desktop computer. 

I reset batteries, I restarted base station, all to no avail.  Batteries are full power (I just bought this system less than 6 weeks ago), and wi-fi signal has always been strong on all three cameras, including the one that is now "offline".

Netgear had to already replace one of the other cameras after only 2 weeks for hardware failure (it was veiwing and recording in a pinkish-red color!). Is this now ANOTHER camera that failed too??

Additionally, in looking through the new app's settings, I see there is no longer a "Rules" area, where I could set the sensitivity for each camera. Where did that go?  Any help on all fronts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

iSage wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but I have absolutely no settings for each camera's Sensitivity for any of my 3 cameras with this new browser software version. And I clicked and viewed everything under the MODE area.  There used to be a slider with the old version that you could set higher or lower, but I just can't seem to find it now.

Slider is still there....

Go to MODES, click on current mode, pick from list ALL MOTION ON ( what you call it ) , hit edit, when rules show, click again on edit for the camera you want...

Go down to the ' motion is detected' line , click on the edit check...

It now shows the slider for sensitivity

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

read this; all still there, just moved a bit

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Installation/NEW-Browser-software/m-p/1023460#U1023460

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the reply, but I have absolutely no settings for each camera's Sensitivity for any of my 3 cameras with this new browser software version. And I clicked and viewed everything under the MODE area.  There used to be a slider with the old version that you could set higher or lower, but I just can't seem to find it now.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

iSage wrote:

Slider is still there....

Go to MODES, click on current mode, pick from list ALL MOTION ON ( what you call it ) , hit edit, when rules show, click again on edit for the camera you want...

Go down to the ' motion is detected' line , click on the edit check...

It now shows the slider for sensitivity

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you SOOOOOO very much for that info!  I truly appreciate the time and steps.

Now...if only you could fix my continued "offline" problem with one of my cameras, LOL.