Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
rnvnorth
Follower
Follower

Good day - Have simple original wireless ARLO cameras. 2 issues:

1 - Trying to buy the rechargeable batteries and charger. Very confusing as email from ARLO re the batteries say RCR123A batteries, but link to buy say CR 123 batteries. Then click to buy from there links to Amazon for RCR123A. Have just placed order and can't find a clear ARLO thread for definitive which rechargeable batteries for plain ARLO: RCR123A or CR123.

2 - Also, if anyone has any tips for false positives, I'd be greatful. We're in the Pacific Northwest in spring. Moving cameras not in the plan and lowering sensitivity doesn't catch what we need. Would the hooded skins work for the false positives and fit on the old ARLOs? Please advise.

Many thanks to any information.

rnvnorth

6 REPLIES 6
manfredz
Hero
Hero

the frst R in RCR123A stands for rechargeable.

battery type is CR123A  so when referring to rechargeables they're referred to RCR123A

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Netgear has an approved set of batteries and charger combo, look at the accessories for the Arlo cam

False triggers can be an issue, try and make sure your view is proper for what you are trying to capture ( you don't say what) ... The PIR for people is good to a max of 20 ft,so you shouldn't try to cover more distance then that if trying to get people

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

We strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:

• The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
  • Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
  • Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

NEVER try to recharge the CR123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

Drewber
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are Enegitech batteries okay for the Arlos? They are much less than Tenergy. Any issues with them?

Drewber
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are Enegitech batteries okay for the Arlos? They cost much less than Tenergy. Any issues with them?

Tags (0)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The main issues are:

1) Stated capacity - anything over 800mAH is a lie and points to a bad choice.

2) Lack of protective circuitry inside the battery for over-charging/over-current is harder to determine but quality batteries have it. You need to investigate since cheap batteries have caused fires and melt-downs.