Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station not working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mikeforster
Follower
Follower

I have a base station linked to three cameras. All worked well until I believe there was a power surge or some other electrical issue when we were not at the house (holiday home in Spain). The internet router had to be replaced (new one works fine) but I don'e see any power light on the netgear base station and it is not working so no images from the cameras. Does anyone know  whether there is a way or re-setting the unit or do I need a new one? All advice gratefully received.

Mike Forster

2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

This how you perform a base reset.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

However if whatever happened was enough to take out your router then it may also have zapped your base or the power supply for the base.

If there are no lights on the base (make sure the on/off switch is in the on position) then I would try another 12v power supply.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I would also be looking at the power supply for the base station first but then also the base station. It's another good reason to pop the base on a UPS (along with the power backup in case of a power cut)