Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
thewurzel
Aspirant
Aspirant
this is the message i keep getting on the device page online 
Please make sure it is connected to the Internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help.

some careras are further away and are still connected 
i am getting fustrated with this 
i am using rechargable batteries. the cameras have the firmware updated. this only hapens with 2 out of my 5 cameras. i can change the batteries then i get this message again within a day or so.

any help would be aperciated thanks

Julian
78 REPLIES 78
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Do you have the Pro or Pro 2 cameras?

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Streak2 wrote:

Do you have the Pro or Pro 2 cameras?

If he's using re-chargable batteries I don't think it's either; sounds like its an original Arlo system.

txdreww
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the exact same issue.  Have 2 camera, the oldest one works fine.  The newer camera, not in the weather directly, has been running perfectly for almost 2 years. 

Lately is randomly shows up as "offline".  There is no recovering it in this mode, other than openning the battery door, closing it, which is painful to do where it's mounted, happens about every 3-5 days.  

I took down the camera, put it next to the base, thought it could be the signal or something, same issue... 

I don't know what's going on with it, must be due to the latest FW updates? 

thewurzel
Aspirant
Aspirant

sorry yes it is the old arlo Cameras with the CR123 Batteries 

Streak2
Master Master
Master

thewurzel wrote:

sorry yes it is the old arlo Cameras with the CR123 Batteries 

What rechargeable batteries are you using?

Could it be that they're not holding their charge and are going flat?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Move the base station about a foot further away from your router if you can

txdreww
Tutor
Tutor

Steve, the base station is located ~30 feet away from my home wireless router. 

Again, one camera in my tree which is further from the base station, about 6 months older, is in the weather directly, does not have this issue.  Something unique to my second camera so far...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've already relocated the camera, about all you can do is remove it from Settings, My Devices and resync. If that doesn't help, open a case with support since it may be a bad camera.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

txdreww wrote:

Again, one camera in my tree which is further from the base station, about 6 months older, is in the weather directly, does not have this issue.  Something unique to my second camera so far...

Swap the camera locations around to see if it's a location issue. Also swap the batteries between the 2 cameras to see if it's a battery issue.

txdreww
Tutor
Tutor

It lasted 6 days, sitting right by the base station, wasn't doing anything, just goes offline.  When I looked at it, the front amber light would blink occasionally, not sure what that means.  I pulled the batteries, put back in, back online, full batteries.  I did the device remove, resync, like you mentioned, we'll see how that goes.  Will let you know. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

txdreww wrote:

How does the base station connect to the internet?

txdreww
Tutor
Tutor

The base is hard wired to my router.  Just to reiterate, I have the older camera that came with the base, never has any issues, same FW etc.

I did the remove, resync, lasted another 5 days, offline.  I removed the batteries, waited 30 seconds, reintalled, camera's back, full signal, full batteries...

Any other ideas? 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I have some cameras that say they're offline in my app but they still record to the library when motion triggers them. If I go into the web interface for Arlo, they all say they're online. I think I might have something funky going on with my Android app. Will contact support and open a support ticket about it

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Steve,
On your Android, go to settings, applications. Find the Arlo app. Click, storage, clear cache. Then try again.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Streak2 wrote:
Steve,
On your Android, go to settings, applications. Find the Arlo app. Click, storage, clear cache. Then try again.

It didn't fix it unfortunately

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Does this happen on WiFi and when using cellular data?
I assume you've already tried reinstalling the app with all required permissions?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes, both on wifi and cell data.
Yes, tried uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, reinstalling the app. Checked permissions. The new installation required me to turn off the app optimisation again. The cameras look for half a second like they're going to be online but then show that message of being offline, even though they aren't

Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have the app on both my S7 Edge and Galaxy Tab S2.

Now and again I get this happening but if I either wait or re login it does resolve itself.

What version of Android are you running? Mine are both 7.0.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Same. 7.0

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Last roll of the dice, try and delete your cache partition. On my Samsung I do it like this:-

Wipe cache partition

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
  3. When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.
  4. Release all of the keys.
  5. Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Might wait and try another base station before I do anything else

SpiesLikeUs
Star
Star
I have the same issue and reviewed all the forum posts on this topic. I have fresh new batteries and performed a factory reset on my base station then resync all cameras. It fixes the issue for a couple of days then all cameras go offline. My arlo system has worked for months with no issues.

Has anyone had this issue and resolved it with the more recent base station? I am running the original Arlo. I'm not sure I want to give Netgear anymore of my money but I figured it is worth asking.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked to ensure your devices have the latest firmware?  Compare what you find in Settings, My Devices with what's listed in the Release Notes section here.

If all is good, is the system less than a year old (or 2 years, depending on your country)?  If so, open a case with support here since it's under warranty and may need to be replaced.

txdreww
Tutor
Tutor

No, no solution to the single camera going offline every 3-5 days, guess I'll open a seperate support ticket.