Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Solarboopin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read all the comments about disabling the activity zone. My arlos are connected to a solar panel and the battery is full never less then 94%. My question is why is it still asking me to connect to the ac plug? Like the other reader I need the zones covered. Is there a real solution or is this wasted money now. I was planning on adding more but that plan is on pause.

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

The solar panel is not AC power so you need AC or if on battery you need a Smart subscription for zones to work. So if you don't have a subscription or plugged into AC that is why you are getting the message. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What panels are you talking about? The Arlo panels are not connected to the grid, just the cameras. 

My home solar panels require the grid to be working - in a power outage, there's no power available even in bright sunlight. That's likely because they don't want you to be feeding back into the grid during an outage which wouldn't help anyone and could cause a safety issue with unknown power sources. Use of a powerwall battery system would be needed to still provide power to the home (but not the grid).

Solarboopin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry I did not make myself clear regarding the solar panels. The panels which are probably a 5x7in size plug into the camera as a power source.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support