Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

After 18 months of ownership and $1500 invested I am at wits end. Today I went to check my cameras. I was expecting the usual BS that as soon as I logged in 1-2 of my cameras would start a false recording. By the way netgear thanks for leaving the many of us complaining about this is the lurch. 

Anyway, 8 of my 10 cameras are suddenly off line. I did notice new camera firm ware so I assume it's the usual netgear releases new firmware and everything gets screwed up. 

I have tried the the usual reboot my router, reboot my modem and of course reboot the POS netgear base station. And you guessed it nothing worked. 

Any ideas besides throwing this POS system in the garbage where it belongs?

And please don't say I have to resync all my cameras. I have climbed my ladder more times in 18 months to resync this crap that I have blisters on my feet. 

3 REPLIES 3
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have a 10 camera system. 8 were off line. Had to remove the batteries, remove the devices from the system and resync them all. 7 came back. 1 is blinking orange and can't not be added back and is now a useless $150 paperweight. Meanwhile not a freakin word from Netgear as per usual. The worst system and worse service to ever defraud consumers.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

contact Netgear re the camera blinking orange... warranty is 1 yr if defective

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Showguy,

A blinking orange (or Amber) LED on the camera indicates low/depleted batteries. This could be why the camera is not syncing. Consider replacing the batteries in the affected camera with a fresh set and try syncing again.

JamesC