Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

7 day free storage

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RPGLT
Tutor
Tutor

According to Arlo, 7 day free storage was to continue for existing customers. I even recieved an email from a class action law firm stating Arlo had reversed its eol policy in regards to 7 day free cloud storage for existing customers. Well mine stopped working 7-1-23 as stated in the original EOL policy. Spoke with support, all she kept saying was I had not paid for a subscription. Once again Arlo does not meet it's obligations to the customer. Unscrupulous, dishonest, low- life company. No more integrity than a common thief, because that's what they are. If I am going to pay for a subscription it won't be with Arlo. I am going to contact the law firm and let them know the current situation.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RPGLT,

7 day cloud storage will continue for cameras that were previously eligible for 7 day cloud storage. You can read about this in the EoL policy here: https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/Arlo_End-of-Life-Policy-2022.pdf

If your cameras are no longer recording, check the active mode and make sure they are Armed and the mode contains rules for the cameras.

JamesC

RPGLT
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC

My storage stopped on 7-01. I called customer service and the person kept insisting I needed to pay for a subsciption, even when I referred to the email I received from Arlo stating 7 day cloud storage would continue. The conversation was not productive so I ended it. Then I posted here. Shortly after my storage and notifications started working again. Coincidence, a miracle, intentional manipulation? You tell me!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RPGLT wrote:
Coincidence, a miracle, intentional manipulation? You tell me!

Likely not international.  I suspect a mis-informed support agent combined with an Arlo cloud issue.

Generally correct to start by assuming incompetance and not malice.