Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dwnrvrguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep having an issue with the system going off line.
Currently there are 3 out of 5 green lights on, the system shows its armed, yet none of the 5 cameras are on line.
This is the third time this month. What am i doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Punie2_
Guide
Guide

Sir I have the Arlo wireless 2 camera.  I changed out the provided Cat5e cable and I replace it with a Cat6a cable.  The problem went away.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A couple of quick things to try are logging out and back in and/or restarting the base by the power button or the Restart button in Settings, My Devices, your base. Are you experiencing any power outages? if so, a UPS for your modem, router and base is a good idea.

Dwnrvrguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have updated the app, tried the restart on the base and my phone. There have been no power outages. Still nothing. The problem started after the app update.
The system is armed but no recordings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app has no effect on recordings - only your settings as stored in the base. Verify your firmware versions in Settings, My Devices, your various devices compared to those found in the Release Notes section here.

Worst case, you may need to reset the system and start fresh.

Punie2_
Guide
Guide
I just had the same problem. Problem solved: I changed out the Cat5e or internet cable. The cable that came with my cameras base were bad and intermittent. I hope this help you!
Dwnrvrguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try your recommendation. What i did try was recharge all the batteries, one all five cameras were charged I turned them on and for the past two days the system is working fine.
Punie2_
Guide
Guide

Sir I have the Arlo wireless 2 camera.  I changed out the provided Cat5e cable and I replace it with a Cat6a cable.  The problem went away.

Dwnrvrguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think my main problem is with the Wi-Fi provider (AT&T). My cell phone is constantly looking for a network when I'm in the house which may cause the base to have to reboot?
I will take your advice and see what happens and will post a follow up.
Thanks