Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

3 cameras - 2 work great, 1 isn't sensing motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tbrantigan
Follower
Follower

When plugged in, the camera's motion sensing doesn't work.  When running on battery, the motion sensing does work.  In troubleshooting the problem, I "removed" the camera and reinstalled it.  It was on battery and working.  I reinstalled it outside on the house and plugged it back into the wire I ran from a socket.  It stopped working as far as motion sensing was concerned.  I unplugged it again and motion sensing startedto work.  Thus, motion sensing works only when on battery and not when plugged in.  I purchased it on February 3rd and it worked fine until a week ago.  On battery and plugged in, I can get a live feed and even take a manual photo.

HW Version H3

Firmware: 1.125.8.0_19174

2 REPLIES 2
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Could be a bug that was in the firmware that just came out. I had some issues over the weekend too. It wouldnt notify me but recorded a video or just wouldnt sense motion altogether. It seems ok today. Who knows . just more weird stuff happening
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The use of power shouldn't have any effect on motion detection and recording. Have you tried a different power supply and cable?