Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
brdoddsjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

My very first wire-free camera (purchased May 2016) never behaved properly after the first firmware update.  I can reset it, reinstall it and it will work for 2 hours, 2 days, or 2 weeks. But always fails.  I have positioned it 2 feet, 2 yards, or 20 feet. Same results.  The reason I know the firmware was the trigger is it took me a dozen attempts to get the new firmware loaded.  Is there a way to force flash the firmware?  any other suggestions?  Thanks!

Hardware version H7, Firmware 1.2.21616

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

<p>Unfortunately, you should have opened a case with support while it was still under warranty (1 year). You can try removing all devices in Setting, My Devices and start fresh by using the Add Device button in the Devices tab to claim the base. Then sync the camera(s). That may, or may not, help.</p>

brdoddsjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the quick response.  I didn't have the time to work on this right when it happened and I'm not expecting anything official from Netgear. Opening the battery case is the only reset function I can find and I would call it a soft reset.  I was hoping to factory reset or better yet, force a flash  I'm on the latest firmware, so nothing self-initiates. 

Your answer is spot on. That's exactly what I do to get it working., but only for random short periods of time.