11 unseen notifications cannot be cleared from the app

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Sg44
Tutor
Tutor

I have contacted arlo support multiple times for a variety of different issues. They never seem capable of solving the problem. Usually I can’t even get them to understand the problem no matter how simple it is. 

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What issue are you experiencing? If you provide the details here, we may be able to assist from the community.

JamesC

Sg44
Tutor
Tutor

I appreciate your willingness to help but I don't think it's an issue that can be fixed outside of arlo support themselves. It started Wednesday morning. I would receive a notification about a camera triggering. I would go, like normal, and view the notification and remove it. It then started showing that I had 11 unseen notifications and that has not disappeared from that point onward. 

When I receive new notifications it will temporarily act right but once I remove any new ones it goes right back to reading 11. Even when the events screen is completely cleared, it still reads 11 unseen.  

I saw at the time this began that I had an update that hadn't installed. I installed it and it didn't resolve the issue. 

I restarted my phone. I deleted the app and reinstalled. Everything works normally on a computer but not on my phone.

This is an excellent example of what I'm talking about with their support system however. I submitted this exact description to them.

First they submitted a help ticket as 'not receiving notifications', then another help person insisted that I needed to remove the app (which is when I took that step) and even though I told him that if I did that I would lose the chat insisted that I was just being difficult and wouldn't follow troubleshooting steps, and my third chat had it as 'receiving too many notifications'. It's exhausting, I can trouble shoot my own problem better than this.

Which I have at this point. This is not a new issue although I haven't seen anyone else recently having it. It was a problem a few years ago for people and eventually I think an update resolved it, but other than there's not much that can be done.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information available to share.

JamesC

Sg44
Tutor
Tutor

Wow I love how you totally changed the title of this conversation, that's not incredibly manipulative. I told you all the information you just gave back to me so that's not really very helpful.

Sg44
Tutor
Tutor

As posted originally, my problem is that the support never provides help and cannot even understand the issue. I already had the "update" on the original inciting issue, but thanks for proving my point.

Sg44
Tutor
Tutor

What so you're just going to stop responding, not fix either issue, and I'm unable to change my post back to what I was trying to discuss in the first place? What are you even doing Arlo?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A server side fix was released today that should resolve this issue. It may take some time for all servers/regions to receive the update. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this issue over the next 48 hours.

JamesC

Sg44
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve had about enough of Arlo support. As I’ve now stated 3 times and you have avoided so much as acknowledging, I would like to regain the control of my own topic. The notification issue was not the problem and I have already resolved it a week ago without any assistance from Arlo. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sg44 wrote:

The notification issue was not the problem 

The only issue I see in your posts is that the badge counter isn't clearing.  FWIW, I think that is what the server-side change that James was talking about fixes.  

If there is another issue, can you restate it?  Or maybe start a new discussion thread.

Sg44
Tutor
Tutor

That’s because James here changed the original topic of conversation. The situation outlined was not meant to be taken as my problem that required a solution. It was merely an example. I have stated this multiple times  FWIW, I’m not sure how else I can even state this 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sg44 wrote:

The situation outlined was not meant to be taken as my problem that required a solution. It was merely an example. I have stated this multiple times  

So you have no technical issue at the moment?

Your only purpose was to say that you think Arlo support is incompetent?

Sg44
Tutor
Tutor

It might be helpful if you stopped cutting off part of my response in your quotation of me. The “James changed the topic” part is crucial to the understanding of this topic. I originally posted under a subject that had no reference to a specific technical issue that I wanted resolved. Had I been left alone to manage my topic in the way I needed, no one would be confused. 

Sg44
Tutor
Tutor

And yes I think they’re incompetent. As of yet, I have absolutely no reason to believe otherwise. It was however an opportunity for that feedback to be received, other people’s experiences to be shared (seeing as this is a community forum and not support), and believe it or not, potential ways to get better help in the future. Who knows, maybe there are certain words or phrases people need to use? We still don’t because at this point it’s completely devolved into me trying to explain my problem and getting increasingly frustrated because this is exactly what my issue was to start with.