Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How do I activate one Arlo Base and keep the other Arlo base inactive?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Desmondm
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI! I have two homes, and I  want to know how to activate one home and how to deactivate the other home? I was easily able to do this before the new update, but it now seems impossible to do it as before since the latest upgrade. I think I can do it individually by camera, but very cumbersome and not user friendly.  

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Desmondm wrote:

HI! I have two homes, and I  want to know how to activate one home and how to deactivate the other home? 

Do you have a subscription?  

What camera models do you have at each location?

Desmondm
Aspirant
Aspirant

As far as I know,mI have the basic Arlo Secure cameras, as I’ve had them for a long time. I have 8 cameras altogether at both locations: 4 are batteries, and the other 4 are built-in rechargeable batteries. I’ve never had problems activating either location in the past, but the current problem is a result of this latest upgrade.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Desmondm wrote:

As far as I know,mI have the basic Arlo Secure cameras, as I’ve had them for a long time. I have 8 cameras altogether at both locations: 4 are batteries, and the other 4 are built-in rechargeable batteries. I’ve never had problems activating either location in the past, but the current problem is a result of this latest upgrade.

The free subscription is limited to 5 unsubscribed cameras per account, and you have 8.

• Are you getting cloud recordings, or just notifications? 
  • Or do you have an Arlo secure paid subscription? 

There are two basic options here - one is to create a second location in your account, the other is to create a new account and share the cameras using the friend account feature.  Both would give you independent Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby modes for each home.

The subscription question is relevant because if you are paying for a subscription you would have to get a second one for the other home.  

Though if all your cameras are legacy (original Arlo WireFree, Pro , and Pro 2) then going with the friend account option might actually allow you to drop the subscription, since the 7-day free storage would be available in both accounts.  So knowing the camera models of the newer camera is also important.  You can see that if you look in the support area of the app.  Select each camera and scroll down to the product id section.  (Note that if you only see Hxx then you are looking in the wrong place!)

If the rechargable cameras are at your current location, you can also take down the cameras, open the housing, and remove the battery.  There is a label inside.