Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
arlo_2
Tutor
Tutor

Just got off chat was shocked to find there is no way to disable the 'leave a message ' feature when in silent mode. That makes no sense to me and is beyond annoying.   I never want it to ask for a message, the goal is to not have to be annoyed by solicitors,  but seems you want them to put annoy me by both ringing the bell and then also leaving a message.  

I would never have expected that I would be forced to have visitors leave a message. 

I will certainly not be recommending this product to anyone.

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your experience with support. I have notified my team regarding this misinformation. 

You can disable the leave a message feature, You can also have it disabled in addition with silent mode enabled. 

You can disable this feature by navigating within the app to Settings > My devices > Select the doorbell > Call Settings > Disable the leave your message feature. 

With this disabled, anytime the doorbell is pressed it will not prompt the message or allow a message to be left. 

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be here to help : )

arlo_2
Tutor
Tutor

I already have that set, it does not prevent the leave a message when on silent.    My guess has been that with no call being made that setting is being ignored. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using as well as model phone/OS? 

I tested this before posting and it worked on iOS successfully with iPhone 14 Pro Max/iOS 16 Arlo app v3.6.8

arlo_2
Tutor
Tutor

3.6.8   IOS, Iphone 13

I checked firmware, says no updates available.   I just restarted it and tested again.  Six seconds after pressing the door bell it says  "press the door bell again to leave a message".

Here are my settings.

13IMG_6899.PNGIMG_6900.PNG

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for that info, that is interesting

The only difference I can see is I tested with a AVD2001& you have an AVD1001. I'll provide this info to my team and have them investigate the issue for you. I'll provide another update ASAP.

mrsbowlz
Aspirant
Aspirant

My settings are identical and I am having the same issue. Just got off chat and was told to remove and re-add the device and if that fails to do a factory reset. So cumbersome. Now I know why they are so inexpensive compared to competitors. 

arlo_2
Tutor
Tutor

removing and re-adding did nothing. Not sure how to reset it and have not looked into it. Already spending way too much time trying to get this to work as desired than I should have to. Very frustrating.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an update that should address this. are you still experiencing this issue? 

mrsbowlz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tested and it seems to big fixed. I had muted the speaker as a work around, so I had to turn it back on. Thanks for the update. 

arlo_2
Tutor
Tutor

Yes it appears to now be working correctly for the current configuration.  Thank you 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the updates : ) 

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation