Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wiring Arlo Video Doorbell AVD1001-100NAS to Nicor PrimeChime+2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bkendrick
Initiate
Initiate
The Nicor PrimeChime +2 claims to be compatible with the Arlo Video Doorbell AVD1001-100NAS. I can only figure out 2 ways to wire it and neither way works properly. I have attached a picture of the back of the chime. You are supposed to put the doorbell wire in insert 1 & 2. 1- The hole is too small to include the power kit wires with the doorbell wire so I tried wiring them to insert 3 & 4 which is for relaying to an additional chime. When I turn the power on, the chimes continue to ring on their own intermittently. 2- The second attempt was splicing the doorbell wire & power kit wires together and pig tailing them into insert 1 & 2. I got the same result. Can anyone help me? I know the Nicor PrimeChime has come up before but this is a new model and, like I said, is supposed to be compatible.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bkendrick,

Pease contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

bkendrick
Initiate
Initiate
After several conversations with Arlo representatives, and NICOR representatives, I finally reached someone at NICOR that gave me the solution. The new NICOR chime +2 does not need the Arlo power kit. As a matter of fact it will not work with the power kit wired in. It works properly without it.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation