Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired doorbell and HomeKit

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
atmo377
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just added the wired doorbell into HomeKit. Everything is working and I just set up an automation to turn on a light when motion from the doorbell is detected. I have it set up so it will only be active at night. It works but it is constantly turning the light on. Is there a way to adjust the motion sensitivity? I thought it would take the settings I have in the Arlo app for motion but it doesn’t seem to. Does anyone have an idea on how to adjust it?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

atmo377,

You can adjust motion sensitivity in your modes and rules. Log in to the Arlo mobile app and navigate to Modes > select your doorbell (or base station/SmartHub if your doorbell is synced to one) then select the mode you want to edit.

JamesC

atmo377
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your suggestion does not work. If that were the case, I would be getting recordings every time. My issues is through HomeKit setting up an automation to detect motion from the doorbell, I want the porch light to turn on for a set amount of time. What is happening is the light is turning on and no recording so adjusting the motion in the Arlo app does not affect the automation settings. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation