Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ScooterBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get all the way through the setup app steps up to the point where I hold the QR code in front of the camera. I hear the chime.... Then nothing. The app tells me it couldn't find my doorbell and makes me repeat the steps. I have tried resetting the doorbell several times using the button on the back side. I can see that the doorbell is in fact on my 2.4Ghz network and I can ping it from my computer. But it will never add to the app. What gives?

8 REPLIES 8
ScooterBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

PS C:\Users\scootch> ping avd1001.lan

Pinging avd1001.lan [192.168.50.240] with 32 bytes of data
Reply from 192.168.50.240: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.50.240: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.50.240: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.50.240: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64

ScooterBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found this post from 3 years ago saying they solved it by adding it as a different camera type. This did not work for me.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Arlo-doorbell-not-being-found/td-p/1800631

ScooterBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here's a post from last year where the person eventually just gave up due to the complete lack of technical support and functional products. I am thinking that if I don't hear back from someone about this by mid day today I'm going to be following their lead and getting a refund. Sucks because I already have another Arlo camera that's just going to get trashed because of this problem when I switch to Nest or whatever.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Arlo-Wired-Doorbell-Not-connecting-to-the-App/td-p...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have 5 ghz wifi, then try disabling 5 ghz before onboarding, so your phone is forced to connected to 2.4 ghz.

Are you using your normal network?  Or are you connecting to a guest network?

MelB007
Aspirant
Aspirant

My doorbell worked just fine with my wi-fi with the original set up. Had zero issues.  Then one day, it just quit. I did the reset 32 times, followed other solutions on this site, and it still won't find my doorbell.... I have an android which makes no sense why the app can't find it now. 

I've about had it with trying to get it to work! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Starting your own thread is generally useful rather than to tack onto an existing one.

Assuming you followed the procedure linked below, did you also remove the doorbell from your account? You need to do both.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

MelB007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why would I start a new thread, when there's literally hundreds of the same one on this forum? I also didn't see any rules stating I had to...

When I stated I had tried everything to fix it, I wasn't kidding. My doorbell reads the qr code, then sits and scans for 3 minutes, and says no doorbell found. I'm stll paying for your service, but if I can't get a good fix for my doorbell, I'll just go get another brand and not use arlo again. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to Arlo Support: 

You get that by going in the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com), and selecting a camera in a subscription plan. Scroll down to the contact section, and you will see an option for phone support. It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation