Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell defective

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nzhao0719
Follower
Follower

I bought this Arlo doorbell and hired a licensed electrician to install it for me because it is wired.  After it was installed, it worked okay for 10 mins but it got stuck and was making constant noise. The electrician did some troubleshooting and failed. He told me this one is defective and should get a replacement since it is brand new.  He took it off since nobody can bear the noise. I contacted the technical support for a replacement. They basically told me I had to upload the video for internal team to investigate it first. Then they will decide whether to give me a replacement or not. They cannot trust what the electrician said and what I said. 

The issue is how I can get the video? Call and pay the technician to install the defective one? I have no interest to lie to get a replacement. I wanted the original one worked as well. I don't understand why the replacement process is so complicated. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They're likely looking for a video from your phone that captures the audio and video of what's going on.

If you bought the doorbell from a store rather than directly from Arlo, swap at that store.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation