Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Magpyz1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried installing this yesterday and today.  Bypassed the chime per the instructions but the app won't let you go any further after you bypass it, so you can't add the doorbell.  It keeps asking for the chime, etc. and you can't add it.  

Started over.....went thru everything again and installed without using the Arlo Hub Station and just straight WiFi.  Yesterday it read the QR Code just fine, but couldn't find the camera.  The router / modem is in the living room, just feet from the doorbell and it's had no problem finding cameras outside, etc.  I tried multiple times and gave up.

Today, it won't even read the QR Code.  I'm ready to throw this thing in the garbage and get a Ring doorbell as many friends had zero problems setting up their Ring.   

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the reset procedure given in the FAQ in the support section here? Press the reset button for >10 seconds until the ring flashes and try again. Of course, it could simply be a bad doorbell. While you're at it, check the voltage from the transformer to make sure it's within the 16-24v spec.

Magpyz1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've tried the reset a number of times.... it gets to the point where it tries to find the doorbell and can't.  It read the QR code on Sunday, and then got stuck trying to find the doorbell.  Now it won't even read the QR code anymore - tried multiple times during the day in case it was a lighting issue.  I then tried to add with the Arlo Base and again, it gets stuck trying to find the camera.  The router/modem is right there on the other side of the outside wall where the doorbell is..... and the cameras have no trouble gettting picked up by my WiFi.  I'm throwing this thing in the garbage.  I bought it back in Dec and didn't try to install it until now, so I can't return it.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The close proximity to the router may be an issue. Can you temporarily move the router away (perhaps just as far as wires extend) to see if that helps?

ANd I'd certainly sell it before pitching it...

808dreaming
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - Not sure if this solution will work for you, but it worked for me, so it's at least worth a try.  As another member suggested in a prior post, start by resetting the video doorbell, and ensure you've waited the 20 seconds or so for the video doorbell to reboot.  Then prior to attempting to add the video doorbell to your base station again, turn off cellular data on your smartphone (ensuring you're only operating your smartphone on wifi), then begin the process of adding the video doorbell.  This method allowed me to add the video doorbell my first try after numerous failed attempts.  Hope it helps you too!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation