Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving a call when pushing the Arlo Video Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
vonessen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I've searched the community for an answer on how to enable calls to my phone when someone is pushing the doorbell (Arlo Video Doorbell, the wired version). I had no existing doorbell, but had an electrician install the doorbell.

The activity sensor on the doorbell works, and alerts me when someone is outside, but nothing happens when the button is pushed.

I've tried to change the mode in the settings under "traditional bell" from "none" to "mechanical" and "digital", but no response. The silent mode is not on.

We also have an Arlo Chime connected to the doorbell, but it doesn't chime, however under the settings when changing the volume on the chime (in the doorbell settings) the chime plays a sound.

I mean, the whole purpose of having a doorbell is that someone can push the doorbell and that we will be notified in the app/as a call and the the chime plays a sound.

I would really appreciate any help.

Regards Tor

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vonessen wrote:

I've tried to change the mode in the settings under "traditional bell" from "none" to "mechanical" and "digital", but no response

I am thinking that you don't have a traditional chime installed at all - is that correct?  If so, the mode should be set to "none".

@vonessen wrote:

I mean, the whole purpose of having a doorbell is that someone can push the doorbell and that we will be notified in the app/as a call and the the chime plays a sound.

You do need to be logged into the app, otherwise you won't receive the call.  So maybe try logging in, and then press the button.  I am thinking that might not work either, but it would be useful to try it and see.

@vonessen wrote:

We also have an Arlo Chime connected to the doorbell, but it doesn't chime, however under the settings when changing the volume on the chime (in the doorbell settings) the chime plays a sound.

This suggests that the button on the doorbell might not be working.  Try contacting support.  If you use the "live chat" method, you will initially go through a chatbot - which can resolve many common problems.  After that you have an option to connect to a support agent.

vonessen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB for your quick reply. 

You are right, we don't have a traditional chime thus I've corrected the mode to "none". Unfortunately, there is still no reaction when pushing the doorbell, neither on the phone/app with a call or from the chime playing a sound.

I do receive a push-message in the Arlo-app with "activity alert" and I can access the video from the app.

I will try to ask the chatbot. If anyone else has a clue, please do not hesitate to shout out 🙂

Tor 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation