Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Video Doorbell Motion Icon in app or online constantly lit .

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
frankca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wired Video Doorbell Motion Icon in app (or online) constantly lit. This just started happening after 6 months. It sometimes records nothing at all or when it should record it doesn't. I've changed sensitivity. I've alternated between set amount of recording to record till motion stops. I've lowered sensitivity and it didn't go off till I hit Zero. And than when it is set to the defaults like today, it didn't detect us leaving the house or coming home. Really at my wits end. And the support omg how frustrating. How can you not have email support. Who has the time to sit and chat all the time!

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot of the camera view as well as a link to a video that has at least part of the problem (I understand you can't show a video that wasn't taken but surely one or more kinda show the problem).

frankca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today it stopped detecting any motion up close ( like us going our the door or coming back or waving hand in front of it). I decided than to remove it from the system and reinstall it.  It has been working almost normal now for about an hour. Time will tell if that was enough of a fix. Thanks

frankca
Aspirant
Aspirant

After all that it went totally off the wall last night. Tried removing and resetting again to no avail.  After much conversation with the chat support. They deemed it Defective and will replace it.  Does anyone know if there is a way to check online your case status ?. I have received no confirmation of the action they are taking.  And don't want the 50 questions to ask a status update.

frankca
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been 12 days since I started working on this site trying to get answers and I just got the RMA last night. It will cost me even thought it is defective and only 6 months old. Now If I don't pay a lot up front, I'll also have to risk loosing a lot more to get it replaced. we'll see how this all turns out. Anyone who had to return anything to get it replaced, please tell me it went smoothly.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@frankca wrote:

I just got the RMA last night. It will cost me even thought it is defective and only 6 months old. Now If I don't pay a lot up front, I'll also have to risk losing a lot more to get it replaced. 

A warranty replacement requires you to pay for shipping your doorbell back to Arlo, but they don't charge for the doorbell or for shipping the doorbell to you. 

So I am wondering what the story is here. Are they saying the issue isn't covered by the warranty?

frankca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess it's just my frustration with the amount of different people that i had to go thru, the length of time , the lack of website or email support ( with the same person long enough to get a conversation going) , and the assumption the customer doesn't know what they are doing. The product lasted only 6 months and now costing at least 20% of original cost to get it replaced or risk the full amount shipping it first... sounds like I'm sounding off I guess. Perhaps.  I been in the online business for 25 years and should be more understanding but...

That Said, I will never purchase direct again. Rather I deal with a big box store and walk my return in. Less stress.

Now that I got that out of the way, I had the motion turned off all week. Since I'll would be returning it , I thought I would turn it back on tonight. It's has worked ok for an hour.. we will see if I get to sleep tonight. Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation