Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
JorCox
Follower
Follower
Has anyone been able to add their Video Doorbell to HomeKit yet? Been trying all day and I have the latest firmware for the hub and the doorbell but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
franzdom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me neither...

AppleJax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. I reset the doorbell where it was on WiFi and not connected to the basestation. It is now connected to the basestation, I removed it from homekit and re-added it and still no luck. Dissapointing.

AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC had responded to me yesterday that the base station needs to be on the firmware version below. You have this version on your base station? Only asking because he shared below that “once these are available” the notes will be posted. I’m running the most current version, but that’s at 1.16.3, so I’m assuming the firmware to add HK just isn’t released yet. 

VMB4000 - 1.16.4.2_3653_e3618b1

VMB4500 - 1.16.4.2_3544_e3618b1

VMB4540 - 1.16.4.2_751_e3618b1

VMB5000 - 1.16.4.2_787_e3618b1

Once these firmware updates are available, the notes will be available here: Firmware Release Notes

AppleJax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for this info!

I am currently running 1.16.3 as well, so this is likely the issue! I was searching all over but it leads to the article that mentioned the old homekit requirements so I thought I was good to go.

AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I was in exactly the same position as you and getting frustrated I couldn’t get the doorbell to connect to HK. His response made me feel much better that we were still waiting on Arlo vs something wrong with my setup. Now I’m just checking for new firmware updates on the base station and Arlo site, I don’t know, every 5 minutes or so.. 😂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We should be getting this firmware out today, which means you should receive the versions linked above during the automatic update window early tomorrow morning. Thank you for your patience, not much longer to wait!

JamesC

msdem98
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much for this update!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The firmware has been released for compatible base stations/SmartHubs allowing for this HomeKit integration.

You can find the release notes here: Release Notes

Announcement post: Arlo Wired Video Doorbell and Arlo Pro 4 are now compatible with Apple HomeKit!

To receive the firmware update, you must wait until the automatic update window (tomorrow morning) or manually reboot your base station/SmartHub.

JamesC

CosmicRichy
Tutor
Tutor
Can confirm that I’ve set up the doorbell in HomeKit this morning and it’s working perfectly! Now to go and purchase some new Hue lights to add some light automation for the front of the house in the home app, ahh the possibilities!
RichWest
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Video Doorbell was just added to HomeKit (finally) automatically and by itself sometime in the last couple of days.  I just happened to notice it by accident.  I guess the firmware updated itself and everything fell in place.  Been waiting for his since last spring....  Working great so far.

btw - the doorbell is connected to the Hub (5000 version hub from the Arlo 4K cameras).

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation