Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Kymbro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sent grant access request. It was accepted but there is no device found. Cancelled and resent access multiple times. Chatted with support they claim engineers are aware and are working on a fix. Another rep told me the same thing about the chime not working. Can anyone offer help?? Both android phones have the latest app version 4.0.1_28499

8 REPLIES 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same issue with 2 iPhones.  Frustrating.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using a computer to click on the link to accept the invite. The account is still there but the process needs to be able to complete.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kymbro, jdgold48

For Grant access devices to be visible, both users must be on the latest app version (4.0.1) and have the same UI experience. I will reach out to you in a private message with more information.

JamesC

Kymbro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two things:

1- The invite was accepted but the device (doorbell) cannot be seen on the granted device.

2- After the friend accepted the invite, I stopped receiving notifications on my phone. I could see videos if I looked for them but was not notified. Yes, notifications are on. As soon as I deleted the "friend" notifications started again. 

HarleyGuyRick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. Very frustating experience with a process that should be simple on the users end. 😞

Kymbro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received valuable help from JamesC, the Community Manager that was responding to me. I believe I had to update the app. Reach out to him. He was awesome!!

HarleyGuyRick
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have granted my wife access. We both have the same latest app version. I have a android, she has a Iphone. The app installed fine on her phone but shows no devices.  None of the settings on her phone is blocking the apps funtion or features.  Now what?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, make sure both phones are using the same user interface (UI). There's the old one that has Library to view videos while the new one has Feed. Do both match or are they different? If the same, have her click on Home at the top of the screen and choose the bottom choice. Each user get their own Home so it's worthwhile for you to rename yours to make it obvious.

If different, the one with the old UI must migrate to the new one. Since it's likely that you would be the one to have the old UI, use Add Device and choose the Pro 5 camera even though you don't have one. That will force the migration after which you simply back out of the bogus install. Note that custom modes don't transfer so when you do the migration, you need to use Routines to set up the 3 available modes as you need. The names don't really mean anything - you can use them as needed if you want. CHeck the Automations, too, if you use schedules and/or geofencing. The new UI takes some getting used to with things moved, removed, changed, etc. so plan the migration when you have time to take time. The above comment about how to select the proper Home still applies for your wife.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation