Wired Doorbell connection to base station issue

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ARicha
Follower
Follower

I have a wired doorbell and wanted to connect to the arlo base station instead of my router.Doorbell

When attempting this many times unsuccessful y and many times back to the router and then scanning arlo help pages.  I conclude that these are most Unhelpful as far as arlo support is concerned.  Do they have a support team?

To this end I can inform others with the same problem, when attempting to add the Doorbell to the Router or arlo base station in the app, select the wireless version as it worked for me eventually after approx 6 hours (of time I will never get back) of trying the arlo stated method in their instructions and guides.

4 REPLIES 4
Smt1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issues for over a year. I’ll try this solution. Very frustrating! Useless, expensive doorbell. 

Smt1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got mine to connect. My VPN was running and on another site I read a VPN can’t be on while trying to connect. But I do not have recordings. Apparently I do not have a plan subscription even though I’m charged for something each month. My cameras record to the seven day library but not my video doorbell. 

Smt1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried doing as you said with connecting as wireless instead of wired. I got stuck on scanning the QR code. I couldn’t find a qr on the back of my wired doorbell. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Smt1234 wrote:

I tried doing as you said with connecting as wireless instead of wired. I got stuck on scanning the QR code. I couldn’t find a qr on the back of my wired doorbell. 

Because there isn't a QR code on the AVD1001. 

No idea why that process would have worked for @ARicha

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation