Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Doorbell - change the view

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to adjust the field of view to get it to look like this? (see image below). Only video settings are the ones where I can adjust resolution but that is not what I am after. My view is currently looking like #2 and I want to set it up as #1.  there is another similar post like this but when I click on the solution the link takes me nowhere. where I can adjust resolution but that is not what I am after. My view is currently looking like #2 and I want to set it up as #1.  there is another similar post like this but when I click on the solution the link takes me nowhere.

Capture.PNG

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stribor45 wrote:

Yes you are right. iPhone shows this withour black stripe at the sides but it is still not same as #1  it still looks "distorted". see where red arrows are.

Yes, the lens is a fish-eye lens, so there is some curvature.

You can also see that in #1 - it just isn't as obvious in that particular scene.  The posts for example are not straight.

The net here is that there is nothing for you to change.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stribor45 wrote:

My view is currently looking like #2 and I want to set it up as #1.  

In the web browser the image is "pillarboxed" (black vertical stripes on each side to fill the 16:9 spacing).  That's a bit different from the "letterbox" stripes in your sample (horizontal stripes on top and bottom).  Can you confirm that you are seeing something letterboxed?

Note the app should size the doorbell image frame as square (different from the web ui).

You can also take a snapshot, and confirm that the image dimensions are square.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

I see the same image as #2 but I don't see horizontal strips at the top and bottom

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stribor45 wrote:

I see the same image as #2 but I don't see horizontal strips at the top and bottom

Where are you looking exactly?

• browser or app?
  • what screen?

Also, what dimensions do you see on the snapshot (or video recording).

In Windows, you can right-click the file, select "properties", and then "details".  That will show you the dimensions.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

This is what I see via browser.....

ignore white squares

doorbell.PNG

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stribor45 wrote:

This is what I see via browser.....

ignore white squares

doorbell.PNG

Ok, you are playing back a video in the library.

This is a square image that is pillarboxed (vertical padding "stripes" on each side) - this centers it in the 16:9 playback window in the browser. This is correct - and does not look like your #2 in the previous post - which is letterboxed (horizontal padding "stripes" top and bottom).  

A phone will display this in a square playback window - and it will look like #1 in the previous post if you watch this same video on the phone.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

Yes you are right. iPhone shows this withour black stripe at the sides but it is still not same as #1  it still looks "distorted". see where red arrows are.

IMG_7256.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stribor45 wrote:

Yes, the lens is a fish-eye lens, so there is some curvature.

You can also see that in #1 - it just isn't as obvious in that particular scene.  The posts for example are not straight.

The net here is that there is nothing for you to change.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah you right.  Thanks for confirming that.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation