Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JSKY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doorbell video shows the start of the video capture but then the screen will go bright green or an olive drab color with vertical lines, then outline of the people and objects appear then the video freezes.  Audio on the recording is spotty.  This only happens on the doorbell, all other devices (Arlo Utra) record just fine.

Firmware: 1.17.0.0_1407_6f0b9c9_1c1a749
Hardware 1.2
Serial Number A2G19BKEA2159

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That usually implies a signal strength/quality issue. Is the doorbell connected to a hub or to your router? What is the distance between them? What is your house construction?

JSKY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I have a SmartHUB, VMB5000r4 running firmware 1.20.2.1_1355_3673353.  Distance from Hub to DoorBell is about 20 feet and home construction is cinder block w/metal studs.  This does not happen to the UltraPro in my garage which is about 60 feet away and bounces though multiple walls.  All devices have 2 bars for the connection status but the hub is behind my TV cabinet in the living room so I'll try and move from out behind and see what happens.  

Other issue, If I go to the device dashboard using a browser on PC, the doorbell video can be viewed live but after watching for a short period of time the video flickers, freezes and/or does what I stated in original post and then get an error message "an unexpected error occurred. please try again."

JSKY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Definitely NOT a signal issue.  I moved the hub about 4 feet from the doorbell, only thing between them was the front door, mostly glass (impact glass).  The signal strength on the DB was full strength but same issues occurs.  I took the doorbell off the wall, let the battery run down and cleaned it, same issue. Beginning to think its a hardware failure.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation