Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Won't connect to WI-Fi

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Daisy23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been successfully using my Arlo doorbell for the past year but it went off line and I have done all the trouble shooting recommendations including removing devise, resetting and re attempting to connect with no success. I have double checked all connections and my iPhone wifi 2g connections, all good. please advise.

Thank you 

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Daisy23,

What LED behavior are you seeing on the doorbell?

When you say you reset, did you follow the instructions listed here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

JamesC

Daisy23
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, that is what i followed.

linda

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Daisy23,

What LED behavior are you seeing on the doorbell?

JamesC

Bradyl12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same issue as well, following the same procedures. When I push the reset button on the back, it flashes white for a moment before staying solid white (no flashing). It won’t read the QR code at all.

Esimpson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Even tried factory resetting. When I try to re-add the doorbell it will scan the QR code and chime, then it blinks white for a few seconds and then it blinds red/orange and then it stops and never connects. I believe I read somewhere this means it can’t connect to the internet which make no sense because my internet is good and other devices are connected with no issues. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Esimpson wrote:

When I try to re-add the doorbell it will scan the QR code and chime, then it blinks white for a few seconds and then it blinks red/orange and then it stops and never connects.

Is your wifi security set to WPA2 (AES)?

Do you have any special characters in the network name or password?

Esimpson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Internet is all good and up to standards. We haven’t had any issues with the doorbell until a few days ago and other Arlo devices that we have are connecting and working fine. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation