Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WolfyGrl
Initiate
Initiate

I started out with 2 of the arlo cameras that worked great, no subscription required and the recording would save to arlo app on my phone.  I decided to upgrage our previous video doorbell with the arlo doorbell and now, since I did not want to pay the monthly subscription, the recording from the doorbell only record to external USB storage devise connected to base.  Is there any way (without paying a subscription), I can get the video from the doorbell saved in the arlo app on my phone (like the cameras do without a subscription)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, the recordings were never to your phone/app but in the cloud on the Arlo servers. The app just gave you access to them as does the web client.  With that in mind, the doorbell (and any camera newer than the Pro 2) requires a subscription to record to the cloud. Without a sub you have to use local recordings via a USB drive on your base or hub. The app can be used to access the videos directly but that requires a VMB 4540 or higher base/hub. If you have a VMB4000 or 4500, you would need to safely eject the drive from the base to be able to view the videos on a computer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, the recordings were never to your phone/app but in the cloud on the Arlo servers. The app just gave you access to them as does the web client.  With that in mind, the doorbell (and any camera newer than the Pro 2) requires a subscription to record to the cloud. Without a sub you have to use local recordings via a USB drive on your base or hub. The app can be used to access the videos directly but that requires a VMB 4540 or higher base/hub. If you have a VMB4000 or 4500, you would need to safely eject the drive from the base to be able to view the videos on a computer.

WolfyGrl
Initiate
Initiate
I got it. My cameras are grandfathered in basically. It’s a shame, I love the system but will replace it all at some point with non-subscription platform that allows recordings to be saved to phone. Thanks for answering.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation