Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where can I buy a Video Doorbell POWER KIT AVD 1001

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
MatiasBresa
Follower
Follower

Hello, I have lost my power kit and the voltage does not reach what is necessary to turn on the video doorbell. What can I buy or where can I find a solution?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

MatiasBresa,

The Power Kit is not available individually for purchase. Please contact the Arlo Support Team You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

17 REPLIES 17
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MatiasBresa,

The Power Kit is not available individually for purchase. Please contact the Arlo Support Team You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

joyjit
Guide
Guide

I contacted the "Contact Us" liink.

They asked me to call the Sales number: 1-866-703-7170

I called that number.

The person on the other end said "We dont sell them online". But you can check "local stores".

She gave me the part numnber, which is APK1000

She couldn't provide a list of local stores that might have it.

I have checked on amazon.com, bestbuy.com, homedepot.com

None of them have this part.

I need an extra one because my house is wired with two mechanical chimes.

Any help would be appreciated.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@joyjit wrote:

I need an extra one because my house is wired with two mechanical chimes.

Normally the two chimes are wired in parallel - and if they are wired that way you only need to attach the power kit to one of them.

You can easily check if they are wired correctly - just disconnect one chime, and see if the other chime rings when you push the bell.  If it does, they are wired in parallel.

joyjit
Guide
Guide
Thank you for your reply. What you say makes complete sense to me.

I will try this out.

Btw, I did contact Arlo tech support, and they told me I will need two!

Thanks
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@joyjit wrote:

Btw, I did contact Arlo tech support, and they told me I will need two!

I have two mechanical chimes also - and two Arlo doorbells.   I need two powerkits total (one for each doorbell).

joyjit
Guide
Guide

@StephenB 

Thank you.

I verified that my two mechanical chimes are wired "in parallel" to each other.

I have now installed my Arlo Video Doorbell (Wired) with the power kit installed on one of the mechanical chimes.

And everything works great.

JuanCE
Initiate
Initiate
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JuanCE wrote:

Did you find the part APK1000 ?, I need it too. 

Is something wrong with the power kit that came with the doorbell?

Tonyiz
Initiate
Initiate

I need one as well. I've moved and forgot to remove it... 

Now I'm stuck. How do I install with out it? When I connect power, my chime just keeps chiming!

Tony

raruba12
Initiate
Initiate

Wow, I cant believe there is no where to buy the power KIT....that blows me away. I need 1 also

raruba12
Initiate
Initiate

Not very good business, the way i look at it.

Waljax
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone had any luck finding a power kit to work with the Arlo doorbell? I can't find one anywhere. I'm wondering if the Ring power kit might work.  Thanks-Mike

mzbrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got off with customer support. They said they'd escalate the issue, but couldn't guarantee anything.

Did you try the ring power kit? It looks like you can get one for $2. I figure it's probably worth trying before I throw the whole thing away and get a different product.

mzbrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

To follow up: Arlo did sent the part promptly and it appears to have resolved the issue. Hopefully they'll be able to do the same for future customers that have this problem.

Bernardo1985
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, i burned out my power kit, im trying to talk to someone in order to buy one extra.

how can i get in touch?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bernardo1985 wrote:

Hello, i burned out my power kit, im trying to talk to someone in order to buy one extra.

how can i get in touch?

If you have a subscription you can try phone support.

But Arlo doesn't sell them separately, and AFAIK support can't supply a powerkit w/o a doorbell. Which seems crazy, since sometimes people do need a replacement.

natmills1233
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone had any luck with the Ring power kit?  Arlo customer service is absolute garbage and unwilling to help.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation