Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Np0405
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo video doorbell is giving me notifications but when I click on them I’m seeing a length of recording being 522:15:31 or similar (as opposed to the normal 0:15 or whatever). Why I try to actually play the recording it zeros out the length and nothing plays. This happens intermittently as some recordings through out the day are fine. I’ve updated my app and my phone (iOS 14.4.2 and the latest Arlo app).
30 REPLIES 30
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stevemichigan wrote:

Arlo has updated their app at least twice in the past few weeks, about the same timeframe everyone started having these recording issues.  

Generally, you really can't jump to "everyone" just because you see an uptick in problem reports.  People without problems almost never post that.

That's not to say it isn't a real problem.  I have three doorbell recordings today - and all three play, but all three have some video corruption.  But in my case, this isn't new behavior - my doorbell has been doing it for a long time.  I've just lived with it so far (I have other cameras covering the door). There are some large radiator pipes on the path between the base and the doorbell, which I think are blocking the signal. When I get to it, I'll try a different location for the base (it requires running a fairly long (temporary) ethernet cable to test).

FWIW, the app plays the motion recordings, it's not involved in making or storing them.  Camera, base station, and cloud back end bugs have all disrupted motion recording in the past, but the app itself can't.  

Stevemichigan
Tutor
Tutor

OK . . . then Arlo's "cloud" is cloudy . . . I just walked out to my mailbox, a 30 second trip, and my AVD recorded a non-playable 190.51.08 recording.  Totally unacceptable.  I figure more people don't post complaints here because they either don't know about this "community" or don't care their AVD is not functioning properly because Arlo won't fix stuff on their end.  Can't call the issue "isolated" because enough people are reporting the same problem.

With that, I close my discussion.  I will give them time to rectify it and if they don't, I end my paid subscription and move on.  I refuse to pay for bad service.   JMHO

Lynn123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the past few weeks, the video recordings have become increasingly laggy, pixelated, and now freezing immediately (the timer still reads 0:00 when it freezes). Those videos also show an extremely long record time (in the hours) but there is no recorded content. For example, it will display as 49:53:52 but will just be a frozen snapshot and not play anything. Any recording that does have an actual video is very laggy and pixelated. There has not been a single clear, issue-free recording in several days. 

The live feed works without issue, to date. It appears to be only an issue with the recorded videos. 

Anyone else having these issues? Thoughts??

triiiple
Aspirant
Aspirant

looks like this

having same problem for few days, Wifi is on an Eero Pro 6. Phone is iPhone 11 Pro Max

https://imgur.com/Sgw18E6 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@triiiple wrote:

having same problem for few days, Wifi is on an Eero Pro 6. Phone is iPhone 11 Pro Max

https://imgur.com/Sgw18E6 

I am thinking you are talking about the ~30 day recording lengths?

@JamesC announced Development is investigating.

triiiple
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes I'm speaking to the topic of this thread

I've seen the couple of updates from Arlo Team regarding investigation, but no one had posted pictures, so I posted a picture to help aid this discussion

Discussion stats