Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video doorbell ~ will it work WITHOUT sensors but with help of Audio Bell sensors instead

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mark88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

i live in the EU, where pretty much "nothing" is allowed, in terms of putting a camera bell in common elevator lobbies (not even if the camera ONLY points at my own flat entrance).

So the solution is: putting the Video doorbell directly behind my door's peephole.

However: that will obstruct some of its sensors?

What if i add an Audio Doorbell on  to the wall, to act as the "sensor" for the video doorbell on the rear side of the peephole. Will both doorbells "work together"??? will noises (or motion) picked up by the Audio doorbell, trigger the VIDEO doorbell to start recording?

Hope someone can help. It's a pretty weird situation, i know. But if i break the law, someone will slap me with a huge condo penalty, so that's not the answer either 😞  Apparently these privacy laws stretch as far as into Russia, lol.

2 REPLIES 2
Mark88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

i live in the EU, where pretty much "nothing" is allowed, in terms of putting a camera bell in common elevator lobbies (not even if the camera ONLY points at my own flat entrance).

So the solution is: putting the Video doorbell directly behind my door's peephole.

However: that will obstruct some of its sensors?

What if i add an Audio Doorbell on  to the wall, to act as the "sensor" for the video doorbell on the rear side of the peephole. Will both doorbells "work together"??? will noises (or motion) picked up by the Audio doorbell, trigger the VIDEO doorbell to start recording?

Hope someone can help. It's a pretty weird situation, i know. But if i break the law, someone will slap me with a huge condo penalty, so that's not the answer either 😞  Apparently these privacy laws stretch as far as into Russia, lol.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The short answer is yes but the long one will have a lot of caveats. The audio doorbell will detect motion but can't be adjusted as to its sensitivity so every motion will be detected. You can cause the video doorbell to record all of those events but you'll get a fisheye view of a fisheye view so I'm not at all sure the videos would be useful for much.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation