Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video doorbell stopped lighting up during setup

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
WADAMSNU18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was having a lot of difficulty setting up starting at the point where the doorbell connected to the base station. Attempted setup 20+ times, did every troubleshooting method on the internet.

Then.... it literally just stopped. Device wont light up, wont react to any stimuli for lack of better terms. 

There is definitely power flowing, by the way. I checked. Did it get overworked and get fried or something? Has anyone experienced this?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If pressing the reset button for 15 seconds doesn't bring it back to life, then you should contact support using https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Video-Doorbell

If the doorbell has failed, then you might find it easier/faster to exchange it with the seller.

@WADAMSNU18 wrote:

There is definitely power flowing, by the way. I checked.

What voltage are you measuring?

The doorbell does have a small internal (rechargable) battery - and if that drains I think the doorbell might be non-responsive for a bit.

WADAMSNU18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Replacement just came, I guess we'll give device #2 a shot.

ProATC
Tutor
Tutor

Did your second unit work?  I received a second unit as well and it will not power on at all.  Very frustrated and want to get my money back for this expensive piece oof plastic hanging from my house.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ProATC,

If the doorbell will not power on, your transformer may not be providing enough power to meet the minimum requirements. Take a look here for more information: How do I measure the voltage of my doorbell transformer?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation