Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 39 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
etsuch99
Tutor
Tutor

My Video Doorbell (AVD1001-100NAS) frequently shows as disconnected when I open the Arlo app. I know the signal and power are fine since after 3-5 mins it just reconnects and all is OK. This does not happen with my multiple cameras and lights which are even farther from the router. Anyone else seeing this? Feels like a defect.

39 REPLIES 39
krwhite52
Star
Star

Still no response from Arlo or the Community.  

krwhite52
Star
Star

It has now been 6 months since I gave James C the information on the video doorbell going offline and back on whenever it wants to.  No response!  Also no response from Arlo on my emails asking to return the product, No response!  Great customer service.  You are pretty much on your own after the purchase, good luck.

Now it has been offline for 2 days with no hope of it coming back online.  I think that I will remove it from my house and put the doorbell button back on that I took off.  Anyone want to buy this one from me, 50% off, free shipping.  If not, we will enjoy stomping it to bits so that no one else gets frustrated with this piece of crap.

Dyler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Access denied.
Dyler
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is awful. I'll go back to eufy... they have a self storage doorbell works with alexa. Thanks but no thanks arlo doorbell
jdoFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had mine for less than two hours and notice the same thing. The settings show "Disconnected" under "Connected To"  however, the device is working.  

Bakedcorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same issue and started yesterday, go into setting and it shows disconnected however it’s connected as I can look at the Live view. The other issue is I get notifications but nothing recorded so to me this is video doorbell is useless meanwhile I’m paying 4 bucks a month for the notifications. Running out of patience on this one.
Please note that I’ve restarted the doorbell via the app, removed the device from the app and added it again and hit the sync button to no avail.
Charmed79
Star
Star

For us, when it went offline and said not connected, we also had no live view, and it did not record anything. No matter what we did, it would not reconnect until we reset to factory settings. It's annoying, especially for the price. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bakedcorn,

Check to make sure your Arlo Smart subscription is applied to the doorbell. You can check this under Settings > Subscription > Manage Cameras

JamesC

Bakedcorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James...

Thanks for the insight. After each factory reset I had to also ensure my camera was re-added to the subscription. For some reason it did not “stick” after the first attempt. What’s odd is how it simply stopped recording events yesterday evening when the doorbell was online and the subscription in place.
Still cannot understand why in settings it shows Connect to is Disconnected even though during the setup process my wifi name was found and used.

Again thanks
Charmed79
Star
Star
We had to add subscription back each time, that doesn't seem to stop it from screwing up all the time. Finally moved to ring and have never been happier! Arlo should be ashamed, no help at all in 9 months. Poor customer service and even worse equipment!
krwhite52
Star
Star

Good luck returning the device.  Arlo will NOT respond to emails etc.

hypersnd15
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo video Doorbell wired keeps dropping connections also. All my other cameras work fine. No internet issues, I have ATT fiber 1GB speeds and my internet shows I’m getting those speeds. My doorbell is working just not connecting. I have also restarted my Arlo hub and have removed my video doorbell from my account and reset up this. It is still doing the same thing. There’s gotta be something internal. I have not received any firmware updates in quite a while that I need to run for device specific but have updated my app when those updates come out.

Please help
krwhite52
Star
Star

Arlo door bells are a joke.  I have read even if you have subscribed to their monthly charges, it doesn't work any better.  They also will not respond to community posts or emails direct.  We are on our own...

ChefChaudart
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

Since the early days of initial installation, the circuit breaker from Arlo burned ( because in Europe we have 12v Chimes 😉 )

So I had to use my old existing breaker.

It was providing 18v, which is supposed to be enough. ( if I remember correctly ).  But I had many disconnection problems 😓

Then, I bought a new ( 24v )  circuit breaker, and since October, no more problem 😎🤞

Bye

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have exhausted all of the troubleshooting provided here and are still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 39 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation