Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
VonSprocket
Guide
Guide
Video Doorbell installed and attached to home network successfully. Was able to get two video clips showing up on app then it requested firmware update. That never completed successfully after multiple tries. Attempted sync/reset but other than the "breathing" white LEDs was unable to get the resync flash. Tried holding reset button at intervals of 15 sec to 3 minutes and wasn't able to resync. Ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VonSprocket,

If you physically reset the Arlo Video Doorbell, you may need to remove it from you mobile app and add again as a new device.

Given the steps you've already taken, you might consider contacting Arlo Support to navigate through this process without further confusion. Click here to contact support: Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

VonSprocket
Guide
Guide
Thanks JamesC, I'll keep that in mind. Still trying to connect with support. No matter how long I depress the button in the back I can't get the device to reset. I have it disconnected from power now hoping that if it's stuck in some condition, I may be able to re-power and reset successfully.
VonSprocket
Guide
Guide
Still no update to this. After multiple back and forths with support (and some frustration with my case updates not being seen by the support team),.I have done multiple permutations of connecting and disconnecting wires while powered and not. The device still will not reset or sync since the initial firmware update attempt.
Baldybt633
Initiate
Initiate
Similar issues. I have tried connecting to the network many times with the QR code and it would never connect. The doorbell would make a "click" after showing the QR code and the solid RED light about the doorbell button would go off and the white light would continue blinking.
I am using my guest network which is 2.4. I renamed it with no special characters as suggested. I also used the QR code generated from my wifi network from the Android and from my Eero network. It would never connect to the network.
So I decided to reset the unit as suggested since I had originally tried connecting to the 5 hz network before switching to the guest network. I reset it by holding down button for 20 plus seconds and the white light was blinking the whole time. Let go and it started back up.
But now the white LED light is solid and the red light above is on and when you hit the button to start the synching process nothing happens. No chime, no change in the lights,.etc. it's just frozen.

So two issues....why is it frozen and why couldn't the doorbell see the QR code and synch (tried different brightness settings, moved back and forth, different angles, etc)

Any other tips?!?!?!?!
VonSprocket
Guide
Guide
I went though several iterations of directions from support to disconnect and reconnect the device with power off and power live along with more attempts to reset. No success. The service agent is now processing a return/replacement.
VonSprocket
Guide
Guide
I am fit to be tied with Arlo customer support. The online replies I'm sending to the case number are not being received or they're being ignored. I've literally been trying over a week to send my serial number to the agent for a week. They've swapped my phone number and zip code, and calls to the number either leave me hanging or get me someone who can't or won't update the case with the correct information. The agent also wants me to reply to the do_not_reply@ email the case updates are coming from. Absolutely infuriating.
Baldybt633
Initiate
Initiate
I havent had time to mess with it since it failed the other day. I'll get back on it this weekend. My brother works for Netgear so hopefully that will work to my favor if I dont get the resolution from customer no service department.
This is an underlying theme of most of the threads I have read regarding the video doorbell. Sounds to me they pushed this out to the market too fast reacting the market and demand for these products. And they techs have no idea how to support the product. Just a thought...
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Baldybt633 wrote:
 My brother works for Netgear 

Arlo split from Netgear over a year ago.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation