Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Samyco
Follower
Follower
Hi guys,

i have the problem, that my Arlo Video Doorbell is not connecting to my Smart Hub VMB5000.
I get the chime connected to the smart Hub, but not the Video Doorbell. So, my chime doesn’t work either.
Already tried the reset procedure and everything.
Latest firmware is installed.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for helping.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest release of the Arlo iOS mobile app. Please download the latest version from the app store.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been other recent posts about this. As a troubleshooting method, try connecting to your WiFi instead of the hub to prove the doorbell is working. If that works, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have a solution.

azmikey2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just worked with their tech support on this issue.  They told me that they're aware of the problem connecting to a base station, and that for now I have to connect via Wi-Fi.  This means that you can't link the Chime to the doorbell.  The tech support person told me to try again Monday (11/23/2020) to see if they have fixed the problem.  I asked if there's a way I can check to see if the problem has been fixed before resetting and reinstalling the doorbell.  They said that they didn't know if that was possible, and to reset and reinstall the doorbell.  =(

Video doorbell AVD1001

Chime AC1001

iOS 14.2

App 2.21 (1397)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would think there would be a firmware update for the hub and/or doorbell to get this working so keep checking the Firmware Release Notes section here for updates.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest release of the Arlo iOS mobile app. Please download the latest version from the app store.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation