Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ncoulet73
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I have installed the Video Doorbell beginning of December (12/07).

The installation is fairly easy to perform, and the instructions are clear.

But, the thing that i am the most unhappy with, is the integration with my existing chime.

I have followed the instructions provided, and existing chime will ring only once a while. 

Most of the times, it just does not ring.

I have tried to find troubleshooting instructions on the arlo website, but there is almost no information.

Any idea, what is going on?

Thanks,

ncoulet73

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@ncoulet73,

You need to check the voltage at the doorbell to see if it is within the specification range outlined by Arlo, (if I remember correctly, the transformer needs to output from 16 to 24 Volts AC and be rated at 10 Amps). If the voltage is too low, you will need to upgrade your transformer.

If the voltage is sufficient, then you will probably need to contact Customer Service for further troubleshooting.

Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@ncoulet73,

You need to check the voltage at the doorbell to see if it is within the specification range outlined by Arlo, (if I remember correctly, the transformer needs to output from 16 to 24 Volts AC and be rated at 10 Amps). If the voltage is too low, you will need to upgrade your transformer.

If the voltage is sufficient, then you will probably need to contact Customer Service for further troubleshooting.

Brian

ncoulet73
Guide
Guide

Thank you. I will try this modification this weekend.

ncoulet73
Guide
Guide

@brh 

Thank you for directing me to the right direction. The issue was indeed due to the transformer, which was not providing enough voltage to the ring/chime.

When i tested the output voltage of the transformer, i only got 12V instead the range 16V/24V required by Arlo.

I changed the transformer this morning and installed one that has 3 options: 8V/16V/24V. I used the 24V option and it works really well now.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation