Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell and chime

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
dclaypool
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now that the video doorbell can be linked to the hub an the chime can be linked to the hub, what is the timeframe to allow for having the Arlo chime link to the doorbell? There is a section under the video doorbell that allows for the addition of a new chime, but the one I have installed doesn't show up there. When is this functionality going to be enabled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dclaypool
Aspirant
Aspirant

I actually figured this out myself. The doorbell and chime must be on the same hub in order to be recognized. Once I put it onto the same hub (in a two hub system), it works as well as my old Ring doorbell and Ring chime combo. Very classy doorbell sound too! It would be cool to be able to change the tone, the volume and other parameters based on geofencing/scheule. Feature requests - please!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dclaypool
Aspirant
Aspirant

I actually figured this out myself. The doorbell and chime must be on the same hub in order to be recognized. Once I put it onto the same hub (in a two hub system), it works as well as my old Ring doorbell and Ring chime combo. Very classy doorbell sound too! It would be cool to be able to change the tone, the volume and other parameters based on geofencing/scheule. Feature requests - please!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation