Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell Local Video Storage

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SparkleUnicorn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to link our Arlo Video Doorbell with our Pro 3 SmartHub so we can locally store video recordings? Not thrilled about the cost of a monthly subscription, and since we locally record our other cameras was wondering if there is an option to add the Doorbell to the Hub? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SparkleUnicorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I wish Arlo had better documentation... finally figured this out. Ifyou have certain Smart Hubs the most recent firmware update allows you to add your Video Doorbell to the hub which I assume would allow recordings to be stored. I found a thread that explained removing the Doorbell from the app and then adding it again back to the hub.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mol86
Tutor
Tutor
Same question here!!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can enable local storage on a Base Station or SmartHub and cameras that are connected to that base station will save their recordings to the connected storage drive, but the storage drive must be ejected and connected to a computer to be viewed. To do this, take a look here: How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

The library on your mobile app shows what is saved in the cloud. Arlo Video Doorbell requires an Arlo Smart subscription for content to be stored in the cloud.

JamesC

SparkleUnicorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I wish Arlo had better documentation... finally figured this out. Ifyou have certain Smart Hubs the most recent firmware update allows you to add your Video Doorbell to the hub which I assume would allow recordings to be stored. I found a thread that explained removing the Doorbell from the app and then adding it again back to the hub.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation