Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DylanPrather
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t get my doorbell to connect. It can’t connect with the base/hub. What do I do?
9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DylanPrather,

Is this the first time you've set up the doorbell or have you already completed the installation and it's gone offline?

JamesC

DylanPrather
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is the first time that I have set up the device
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DylanPrather,

What is the LED behavior on the doorbell? At what point during setup do you experience an issue?

JamesC

Sjef57
Guide
Guide

I also did try to connect with the hub, but the video doorbell is not recognized. I am using Arlo base station with 2 cameras for 5 years already, never had problems so far.

I also connected the new Arlo chime to the hub without any problem.

Only the video doorbell is not discovered by Arlo. The white LED ring on the doorbell is blinking, so the doorbell is powered during the set up procedure.

Also connecting to Wifi directly instead of the base station is not possible. I see the QR code and the doorbell rings but no WiFi connection.

Tried to reset the base station and doorbell, but still the same issue.

Did you solve it ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sjef57,

Which model base station are you using? Take a look here for a list of compatible base stations: My Arlo camera is connected directly to my WiFi router; how do I connect it to an Arlo SmartHub or b...

JamesC

Sjef57
Guide
Guide

You state that the Arlo Video Doorbell is not compatible with my VMB3000 Base station. Why is that not clearly specified on your website ? In the VDB “Tech Specs” under “Installation Requirements” there is no list of compatible base stations.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-video-doorbell/default.aspx#techspecs

And the VMB3000 is still listed in “What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo System”, in combination with Video Doorbell:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062043/What-are-the-minimum-requirements-for-installing-and-using-my-Arlo-sys...

Furthermore you state: “The only way to add the Video Doorbell is separately, but not to base station”.

I followed the installation procedure using the Arlo app, but after recognizing the QR code, followed by a chime signal on the Doorbell the installation procedure stops. The Video Doorbell is not recognized by WiFi directly. Also resetting the Doorbell did not help. The internet speed at the door is more than 40 Mbps. The VDB is powered with 24V.

Maybe a better solution is to exchange the Video Doorbell with the Arlo Audio Doorbell ? The Audio Doorbell seems to be compatible with my VMB3000 Base station. Can you confirm ? And I can use my existing Arlo cam to get the video signal when the Audio doorbell is pressed ?

Fluf_Meowerson
Guide
Guide

I am experiencing the same issue. My doorbell worked fine until I got my wifi network replaced with a new one. Now I cannot reconnect to 2.4ghz no matter what I try. This is so frustrating. QR code chimes but doorbell cannot be found.

Sjef57
Guide
Guide

I decided to return the Arlo VDB and buy the Eufy doorbell. It has only good reviews

Fluf_Meowerson
Guide
Guide
I got it working by putting my phone in airplane mode and then activating wifi. After going through the app process the doorbell connected.

Recommendation to Arlo - please give users an option to add a new/reconnect a doorbell without going through the 20+ steps within the app to install the doorbell to the wall and wire the chime - the process is so annoying and wastes so much time when you have to repeat it 50x in order to figure out how to get the doorbell connected to wifi!!!!!!!
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation