Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC I was hoping you could clarify this subscription situation for my new video doorbell.

I currently have the free subscription that came with the Ultra camera kit - that will expire in June 2020. At that point I was planning on paying for Smart a Premier for 1-year which I understand is $14.99 for the year and it is showing it will cover up to 13 cameras in my app. Also in my app it shows the doorbell in this subscription.

I just want to be sure that when June 2020 rolls around - and I go pay for the annual subscription cost - that this will also cover the doorbell’s paid cloud recording, and there won’t be an additional fee on top of that.

Attached at two screenshots from my phone leading me to believe that the doorbell cloud recording WILL continue to be included in the Smart Premier subscription after the 3-month trial expires.

Thanks for clarifying for me, and anyone else who may be in the same situation!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mjbeuke,

If you already have a subscription to Premier or Elite with an available camera slot, this will cover the Arlo Video Doorbell. The trial that comes with the Arlo Video Doorbell does not add to or extend your existing subscription plan.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Here’s the other screenshot
dingdangit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am in the same situation as the OP having purchased Ultra in May 2019 with the free Smart/Premier subscription until May 2020.

If I purchase the Video doorbell now, will the 3 months free Smart/Premier:

1. add to/extend my current subscription, ie extend it to July/August? Or;

2. will the 3 month Video doorbell subscription begin as soon as I activate the doorbell?

If it is #1, then I will buy now. If it is #2, then I will wait until May.

I will purchase the yearly subscription when the freebie expires as the benefits are well worth the cost.

brh
Master
Master

To the best of my knowledge, if you already have a Premier or Elite subscription, the doorbell will work with that, although you will need to pay to continue the subscription when the current free one runs out.

Brian

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

@dingdangit let's wait to hear officially from @JamesC  - but I'm guessing the plans overlap.... so you'll be waiting until May to buy the doorbell at which point you'll get the new free 3-month incentive.

If you look at my screenshots one of them shows the 3 month trial as already active - and on the same screen shows my Ultra 1-year free subscription as active at the same time.

@brh This is kind of what I was thinking too. The Smart Premier free plan will carry on until July for me - and that will cover the doorbell as well. Once it expires in July I'll need to pay for a smart premier plan - at which time the doorbells cloud recording will once again be included with that subscription..... Hopefully @JamesC can give us a certain answer!

Jsmitty66
Apprentice
Apprentice
What will function with the video doorbell without a subscription?

Why does the hardwired video doorbell require a subscription for activity zones when my pro 2 cameras have zones when wired without a subscription?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mjbeuke,

If you already have a subscription to Premier or Elite with an available camera slot, this will cover the Arlo Video Doorbell. The trial that comes with the Arlo Video Doorbell does not add to or extend your existing subscription plan.

JamesC

RoosterPapa
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased the video doorbell camera thought the 7 days cloud service will be free like my existing Arlo camera but found out from the Arlo support that I have to pay for the cloud service after 90 days.  Also, Arlo does not have the annual cloud service they will charge month to month so it cost more in comparison with Ring cloud service.  Arlo video doorbell took me 2 days to install because It takes forever to sync the Arlo video doorbell with my phone.  It finally works, but the video notification is always delayed.  When someone rings the doorbell, I tried to answer the person already in the car and drove away.  This weekend, I will remove it and return it to Best Buy.  I am now thinking to purchase a "Ring video doorbell" at Costco since it is on sale and they give 12 months free cloud service vs. Arlo only 90 days and they do have an annual cloud subscription so it will be cheaper vs. Arlo month to month.  The reason Arlo's market share was up because they give the consumer free 7 days cloud service and the consumer likes it so they buy from Arlo, but if they start charging their consumer for subscription the consumer will think twice to spend their money to Ring or other Arlo competitor.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation