Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell diode

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
anewtoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m curious, does the little box with the on off switch that mounts to the terminals of the chime function as a diode? Within a few days after install, my AVD stopped ringing my existing digital chime. I replaced the existing 16v/10va transformer with a 16v/30va and still nothing. Before purchasing a new doorbell, I’d like to exhaust or the possibilities
8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

anewtoi,

It sounds like you're referring to the power kit. For more information on it's purpose, take a look here: How do I install the Power Kit for my Arlo Video Doorbell?

JamesC

anewtoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks James for providing a link to instructions on how to install the power kit.

Does anyone know if the power kit functions as a diode
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

anewtoi,

No. It does not function as a diode. I have a few questions that may help us better understand why you're experiencing this issue: Do you have the power kit installed? What position is the switch set to? Can you provide a screenshot? Are you able to log in to my.arlo.com using a PC and check you traditional chime settings? Is Digital selected here with more than 0 seconds on the slider?

JamesC

Meddlex
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having this issue...my existing doorbell chime worked when I first installed it but now nothing
anewtoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have tried installing with and without using power kit. Have had APP set to digital and have not tried from a PC. Have not seen a time slider but will try Later today
anewtoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
Don’t know what the deal was but after AVD being unplugged over night it now works, rings chime and everything. Just checked on pc and I do see the slider, why it’s not available on app is beyond me but ok. How do you set the time as I see no save option on the chime screen and maybe dumb question but is that amount of time bell rings or time between button press and bell ringing
anewtoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
Also, I’ve tried on Firefox and IE, and I don’t see a save option on either
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

anewtoi,

This setting is automatically saved after making an adjustment. There is no save button to select after you've changed the value.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation