Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell Stops Working After Two Weeks

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
zds22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed a Video Doorbell at my parents house to go along with the rest of their Arlo System. The install was a breeze... To my shock as I checked the power is was hovering around 24v. The solid white ring lit up and i was able to connect the Video Doorbell within 5 minutes as directed by the Arlo App. 

So fast forward two weeks and my parents tell me the Arlo App states the doorbell is offline(all the other cameras were working just fine) I removed the device and this is where the problems started.

While trying to reinstall the Video Doorbell I never saw the solid white ring again only blinking white, even after tuning the breaker off and on. I also get stumped at QR Code not scanning while trying to reinstall.

The doorbell future itself still works - a visitor can press the button and the doorbell will ring. 

Things I have tried to get it to scan QR Code

Adjusted the brightness up and down

Held it at different positions

Screen Shot Arlo Generated QR to make it bigger and do things mentioned above

Changed my 2.4 Wifi SSID to have no spaces and only letters no numbers or symbols

Change my 2.4 Wifi password to have only letters no numbers or symbols

Tuned off my 5G Wifi while trying to connect to the the 2.4

Generated my own Wifi QR code using https://qifi.org/  & https://www.qr-code-generator.com/solutions/wifi-qr-code/

Held the reset button on the back of the Doorbell bwtween the 2 terminals for 10, 20 and 30 seconds.

Installed a new Doorbell transformer and was still reading 24v

There may have been a few other things that I have done and have forgotten.

One last question is why the Video Doorbell will not connect to the Base Station and has to directly connect to Wifi?

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS OTHER THEN EXCHANGING FOR A NEW ONE? Since I know the Doorbell does and can work as it did for 2 weeks before it went offline?

Thank you in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it still works, it hasn't been removed from your account. Remove it from Settings, My Devices. Then try the reset button again (I've had to try that several times).

It may be a faulty doorbell but also retest your transformer voltage.

zds22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for reaching out. It has been removed from the account. I clicked on the red “Remove Device” bar before I tried any of the things mentioned above.

I also tested transformer before install and then bought a new transformer and tested again once issues started. It’s not an issue of power as the Video Doorbell worked perfectly for over 2 weeks.

That was was last thought after this chain is to contact Arlo and request a replacement as it makes no sense why is worked for over 2 weeks and then crashed over night.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zds22 wrote:

That was was last thought after this chain is to contact Arlo and request a replacement as it makes no sense why is worked for over 2 weeks and then crashed over night.

Exchanging with the seller would likely be faster/easier - so look into that first.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation